Chapter Sixteen

After saying our goodbyes and me desperately attempting to escape Jacen's persistent grasp, Ahsoka, Sabine, and I returned to the ship.

"That child is very determined," I sighed and sat on the couch, exhausted. He put up a good fight.

"I'm glad we can agree on something," Sabine shrugged. "He won't stop until he gets what he wants."

"No kidding," I chuckled. Sabine rolled her eyes and walked away, likely to her colorful room.

"Where are we going to look next?" I asked Ahsoka as her hands flew across the control board of the ship, clicking and swiping and pulling levers I had no idea about what they did.

"We're double checking another one of the moons nearby," Ahsoka responded.

"Oh," I nodded. "Okay."

I was about to walk away when Ahsoka stopped me. "Elayne?"

I turned my head. "Yeah?"

My master tossed me the hologram we had found in my parents' room.

"You kept it?" I asked in slight shock.

"I was hoping it would help you remember your parents, how they cared about you," Ahsoka stopped pressing buttons. "It's a bit of a sad memory, but at least you know they cared."

"Thanks," I said under my breath.

The only part I would repeat was the part where they said to take me away to save me. That would be the only part reminding me of "how they cared."

The ship turned as I walked back to my room and set the hologram next to my picture and pencil.

Those were the good days.

And the good days were the days I didn't remember from my life, and I probably wouldn't.

I couldn't believe I had moved on from stealing. From fending for myself. Now I had a room, all to myself, and a bunch of blasters sitting in my drawer instead of one hiding under my bed.

I was so grateful for Ahsoka. If she hadn't come along, I would've already bled to death.

Yeah, for that I was happy.

I laid in my bed and closed my eyes as the ship flew to our next destination.

Maybe something there would help me for my Jedi future. Something in my guts told me that.

~~

"Wake up, kid!"

Five loud blasts shook me out of my sleep and I bolted up from my bed. Sabine stood in my room with her blaster aimed to the roof, where there were five burnt dots.

"Sabine!" I yelped and jumped from under my blankets. "What was that for?"

"That was for sleeping in," Sabine scoffed. "We're already here. If it wasn't for Ahsoka, you would've been dead."

"Well then, give her my thanks," I murmured and stood up.

I pulled on one of Ahsoka's extra cloaks that she said din't fit her anymore and left my room grudgingly. I had to drag my legs through the ship to catch up to Ahsoka and Sabine, who were waiting for me at the exit of the ship.

"About time," Sabine said and pulled a helment over her face.

"Morning to you, too," I muttered.

Ahsoka, Sabine, and I climbed down the steps of the ships to find ourselves in another jungle-like land, similar to Yavin 4, only that the trees here were more yellow than green.

"Yavin 13," Ahsoka said, looking around.

"Are all the moons around here named after Yavin?" I asked.

"Yeah, I guess some people are just uncreative," Sabine said, "You know, like you."

"How do you know whether I'm creative or not?" I demanded grumpily.

"Sabine and I are going to look around," Ahsoka told me. "I want you to practice those skills that you used earlier. I didn't land in this particular spot for nothing."

"What do you mean by that?" I asked, sending Sabine side glances every now and then to make sure she wasn't pointing a blaster at me.

"Yavin 4 and Yavin 13," Ahsoka said sadly. "Two missions for twin jedi. Both had a couple clones with them, but a couple clones was enough to kill two unsuspecting Jedi."

"So you're saying you want me to see if I can feel the emotions of the twin," I said. "Somewhere around here."

Ahsoka smiled reassuringly. "We'll be back soon."

I blew a bubble in my mouth as Ahsoka and Sabine left, Sabine sticking her tongue out at me as they left. Why was she being so mean? In the picture she had in her room, she looked like a nice person. Maybe this Ezra kid's disappearance made her bitter.

I sighed and took a seat beside a nearby tree. I didn't know what object to touch for this memory thing to happen, so I decided to just focus on concentrating the Force into my head right now.

That was particularly harder than I had hoped, with Sabine still lingering around in my mind.

I finally thought about Jacen, the bundle of joy who looked up to me like a little brother and suddenly focusing was so much easier. I was able to take deep breaths without imagining myself aiming a flame thrower at Sabine.

After calming myself through the Force, I looked around. What object looked like a battle could've taken place there? For a few minutes, I walked around, examining some random things I saw. Ahsoka said that she landed here for a reason. So it must have been nearby.

Just when I was about to give up, my ears caught the sound of water rushing. A stream.

I pushed bushes and vines away until I spotted a beautiful, fresh stream of water.

Bang!

I jumped in surprise, looking around.

Was that... a bomb?

But at the same time, it wasn't a bomb. It was distant, yet so close. I grinned. I found the place I needed to be.

Taking my boots off, I climbed into the stream, freezing as the water touched my skin. I sat down on a dry rock in the middle and let the flow of the stream wash my feet.

Something that Ahsoka had once said during her own meditation rang through my mind. I am one with the Force and the Force is with me. I am one with the Force and the Force is with me.

"I am one with the Force and the Force is with me," I found myself saying. "I am one with the Force and the Force is with me."

BANG!

Screaming. More blasting and another bomb. Someone in the distance saying, "Alright men, our job is complete."

"Captain, she's still alive!"

"Kill her!"

"Tuck! Tuck, w-what's... going on?"

"Fire!"

"TUCKER!"

I screamed and fell backwards, making a big splash in the water. My body was shivering, but my mind was racing. You wouldn't be able to tell from the water on my face, but I was crying. Crying, and angry. I didn't know why.

"Tucker!" I was saying, though I ddin't know who Tucker was. "Tucker, no! Don't!"

"Elayne!"

And everything went black.