Prologue- A letter

{Art isn't mine!}

Pure vanilla Pov:

As I sigh in relief that my whole ceremony was over I felt a burden taken off as I start to get ready for a night of rest, as I began to ponder one thing once again a bit of responsibility being ushered on my shoulders once again. I don't mind it's just a pestering thought that would eventually go away, yet it continues as I step out on the balcony greeted by a few birds as they then almost immediately dissolved my thoughts as I got some food for them placing it near them. Then proceeded to gently pet them as I thought of something,

"Perhaps a get together would do some some good.."

As I thought further I soon noticed that the little bird that I fed soon just sat there staring at me as if questioning my train of thought.

I merely smiled at the bird nearly a chuckle escaped as I stifled it, deciding that it was best to just go to my desk then perhaps some idea would come to me. I left the balcony opened as the bird flew after me I felt amused by it, as if it was offering some form of company while I thought of something to start off the address to the other kingdoms of Earthbread. I sat at my desk as I got a sheet of paper and an envelope to get started, it resulted in hours of jumbled thoughts as I tapped my staff in a fidgety notion of thought. Something was in my grasp but.. it was soon for naught as I kept going back to square one. Was I really that bad at the thought process?

—Time skip after 2 hours.—

After what seemed like an eternity of thought I looked over to the same bird on my desk, asleep. I gazed out the window it was midnight, nothing compared to the dusk. I still needed sleep it's tiring to think about any form of writing when I was deprived of sleep.. I sighed and went to bed hoping that some sleep would assist me in some way

—Next morning—

As I was awoken by the sound of knocking on my door, I quickly got a change of clothes and rushed to get ready I must admit I haven't been like this a few days ago but something was putting me off, was it the stress? Or the new responsibilities I have to face as a ruler? I'll figure it out sometime soon I hope, but as the knocking continued I went over to the door to find a servant who handed me a tray of breakfast "Good morning my liege, you haven't came outside of your room this morning, so I thought I would give you something to eat" she said, looking somewhat concerned as she left the tray on my desk "Did you get any sleep?" She asked, I was a bit confused nevertheless I answered "Well I did, Im just focused on my letter. Not a worry I am merely making adjustments" hopefully my answer will ease her thoughts as I saw her exit the room closing the door. I quickly went back to my desk looking over all that I have written though it was chicken scratch as my jumbled thoughts last night must've caused me to cross a few things out. Not a worry! I'll be able to fix it, even though it means that the birds would have to wait. I'll be sure to spend extra time with them when I'm finish.

—3rd person pov—

As pure vanilla looked out the window smiling that today was another sunny day he merely tapped his staff before making his way over to his desk, as the birds were soon piled on the balcony eager to spend time with the king but he was focused on other things.

—Dark cacao pov—

As I began to make myself a cup of coffee I looked out to see caramel arrow cookie patrolling the walls per usual, I soon took a sip of my coffee, to be fair a bit... empty since that day.. nevertheless I cope with it by distracting myself with daily duties. I took a sigh as I noticed my hair getting in the way, I took a hair tie and tied it up in a bun satisfied I took my mug and set it on the counter leaving the room to see what I can do to keep myself off a terrible mindset..

—4 hours after—

Just as I finished getting myself ready a courier came running saying "A message!! From the new ruler, Pure Vanilla cookie!!" Pure vanilla cookie? They must've kept the coronation a small one if I haven't heard of this cookie.. either that or I was busy myself, "Well then give it here." I said getting the letter, immediately I smelled the signature scent of fresh vanilla. Getting somewhat comforted by the letter before realizing the courier shut the door as he got out. I didn't pay no mind to it as I opened it up to read the message: "My happiest greetings to you all, as I write I estimate that each message would arrive in a specific manner, now without further delay I hope this letter finds you all in good thoughts as I pure vanilla of the vanilla kingdom ask you all to join me this Friday, be sure to arrive at no more than 4 pm.

With Respect and yours truly,
Pure vanilla"

—3rd person pov—

As Dark cacao cookie finished reading the letter he was perplexed. Should he go? No this was simply an ask not an order.. yet something is telling him to go.. why must his thoughts always conflict with his agenda. He needed time to think it over but Friday being tomorrow would leave him less time. Finally he went to his room with the letter reading it over again and again as he just was entirely lost in thought... finally after awhile he went to prepare for his journey to the vanilla kingdom tomorrow.

————————
1019 words

Hope y'all enjoyed the first chapter, more is coming soon as always I'm open to suggestions whether it be for fanfics! Or how the story progresses!!