Stupid Dance

It was the day of Bella's field trip

It was the day of Bella's field trip. Normally I wouldn't care but she was on this field trip wit the one and only Edward Cullen, and with how he treated her last time I'm not to thrilled she's going to be stuck in a greenhouse all day with him.

Me and Bella were standing next to her truck in the parking lot, she was waiting to get on a bus and I was stalling getting to class. Mike walked up to us, well Bella, and started talking to her. I didn't really listen in until I heard him say, "Would you want to go to prom with me?"

My head snapped over to Bella only to notice she wasn't paying attention to him in the slightest, she was staring at Fuckward the great. So I nudged her to gain her attention.

"So what do you think?" Mike asked her
"About what?" Bella said totally oblivious that this guy even existed
"Do you want to go to prom....with me?" Mike asked her again this time a little unsure
Bella hesitated and looked to me as if asking me for advice, I just shook my head.
"Oh uh...prom, dancing. Um I have something that weekend anyway. We're going to Jacksonville that weekend." She said now roping me into this.

I was confused when did we plan to go to Jacksonville?
"You can't go another weekend?" Mike asked feeling a little defeated.
"Non-refundable ticket" She answered
Mike looked at me as if asking me if it was true, I just nodded because I didn't want to start anything.
"You should ask Jessica," Bella told him, "I know she wants to go with you."
Mike nodded and smiled.

"Yo yo yo, guess come on, we gotta go, we gotta go. Green is what? Good, let's go." The bio teacher said
Bella walked off to her bus after saying bye to me and I started walking to the school. Once I saw she was on the bus I walked off school grounds and into the woods for a breather.

I had been walking for about an hour now when I came up on a beach

I had been walking for about an hour now when I came up on a beach. It was no where near warm enough to go swimming but at least I could sit in the sand and clear my mind.

I sat down and pulled my sketch book out of my bag. About an hour had passed and I saw a group of tan guys with cut down hair and a girl walking along the beach. One was carrying a soccer ball and the girl was carrying a basket of, what I guessed, was food.

I wasn't going to bother them until I felt the soccer ball hit me in the leg.
"Nice going Paul!" I hear one of the boys shout
A boy, who I guessed was Paul, ran over.
"Hey sorry about that, I didn't think I kicked the ball that hard." He said
I looked up at him, taking in what he looked like. He was tall, tan, with dark brown hair that was cut down. He also had a tribal tattoo on his arm.
"No no it's okay" I said standing up and handing him the ball back
"I'm Paul by the way." He said sticking his hand out for me to shake
I took it and said, "Yeah hey, I'm Elijah."

"Well I'll see you around yeah?" He said starting to walk back to his group
"Yeah see you later" I said back
I figured I had stayed late enough and packed up my stuff to start the walk back to the school and meet up with Bella.

I was in so much trouble

I was in so much trouble. The school called my dad about me not showing up and not calling out. So as soon as I got home I got a talk down about skipping school without a reason, I told him my shit was acting up and I needed a breather. He said a mental health day is fine as long as I tell him so he can call me out of school. But I still got grounded for two days for skipping.

When I got up to my room I saw a note laying on my bed, I picked it up and read it,

'Forgot to give this to you earlier. Call me ;) -Paul'

'How did he get into my room?' I was thinking when I felt a breeze. I looked up and saw that the window was opened.
'I definitely closed that this morning'

I added his number to my phone and texted him.

'Hey stalker I don't know how you got up to my window and in my room without my dad noticing but good job'

Not even a minute later he texted back.

'Hey cutie ;) I guess you like my cool superpower then, being able to climb into windows without anyone knowing'

'More like freaked out but sure'

'Sure you are'

'Anyway I got to get to bed. School and dumb shit like that'

'Life is just so unfair isn't it. Well sleep tight'

I turned off my phone, took my meds, then drifted off to sleep.