Part 29

He adds, turning to look at them just as the doors slams open and something grey flies past them in full speed. Turning his attention towards May, Simmons and Fitz, Coulson wants to make sure he isn’t the only one seeing what just entered the room. Seeing how their eyes have grown in surprise, he turns back, just in time to see how the Librarian team rushes through the door, Eve and Nicole closing them.

“That was a close call!”

Jake comments, seeing how Ezekiel holds up his hand and he high fives his friend, both smiling big. Eve, Nicole and Flynn rolls their eyes and Coulson watches as Nicole moves towards the grey thing that entered the room. Following her with his eyes, he realises the grey thing is a collection of large wings, hiding something. Seeing how the woman places a hand on the wings, seeing them move.

“I presume you have Cassandra right?”

Nicole asks and the wings starts to move properly, taking a step to the side, along with the rest of his team, Coulson tries to see who it is. Feeling how his eyes starts to grow big once more when he sees Skye leaning over Cassandra, who is holding her up.

“Skye?”

“I told you this was going to be hard on you.”

“Oh, calm down you two. I’m alright, I just need some food in me.”

“I think she will need more than just food.”

“Cass, I’m fine.”

Seeing how Skye tries to stand on her own  her legs giving out and she slumps over Cassandra, who somehow managed to keep from falling herself, Coulson finds himself agreeing with the red-haired Librarian. No amount of food will help this.

“You need to rest.”

“I need food and then get back, they already come looking for you guys, if we wait any longer they will start question things even more.”

Realising that she is speaking about them, Coulson turns his head towards May, who is looking at him. He didn’t expect to hear this from the young woman, who apparently have wings. To see her pushing herself this much to protect a secret, it felt almost out of character from the girl they had first meet, the hacktivist they picked up all those months ago.

“Skye...”

“Oh, don’t worry! I’ve been through worse. This is nothing.”

He can see the concern in the red-haired Librarians eyes, and also a hint of frustration over her friend’s lack of self care.

“You are such a psychopath.”

At Cassandras comment, a laugh went through the room and Coulson can see how Skye starts to smile, a smile he is quite sure he has never seen before, same goes for the warmth in her eyes as she looks at Cassandra.

“Oh, shut it Geek.”

Skye replies with another round of laughter going through the room. Seeing how Nicole steps back from the two of them, arms crossed and a proud smile om her lips, head turning to look at Flynn who has an almost identical smile.

“And so it begins.”

He comments, making Nicole roll her eyes and as Coulson looks around the room, at the others, he sees Nicole isn’t the only one.

Hearing a gasp from his right, he turns to look at Simmons, who’s hand is now cowering her mouth, eyes large.

“We’ve been here. I tried to shoot someone, and she had... King Arthur’s crown and Excalibur...”

He hears Simmons whispers, the disbelief in her voice clear and she turns her attention towards Fitz, who is starting to look as dumbfounded as his partner. As he is about to ask Simmons what she is talking about, memories of another time starts to return.

Memories of how Skye falls from the sky, showing confidence he has never seen from her before. Wielding a sword like it was an extension of her own body. Everything they have been told is true and as Coulson looks over at Skye, he understands why Jenkins, Judson or Charlene didn’t mention the wings.

He is also quite happy that Ward left when he did, because he isn’t all to sure that the specialist would be able to handle all of this information properly, and he did display that before he left. Looking at Skye, he realises that she is looking back at him, her eyes narrowed and she is holding onto Cassandra in a much stronger grip.

“What are they doing here?”