2 . Fountain of Five

Jungkook sat on the uncomfortably lumpy bed next to Taehyung, nervously twiddling his thumbs together as he kept his eyes glued to the floor. He felt the weight of the other man's gaze trying to peer through to figure him out, but Jungkook stayed firmly reserved. He wasn't much for talking, and truthfully he just wanted to go pass out in his bed now that he knew he was in no real danger.

"They're sinkholes," Taehyung stated, shaking Jungkook out of the trance of his internal monologue. He looked quizzically at Tae, lips falling agape, mind trailing back to visualize the strange glowing orb he had seen in the room just moments before. He had been so caught up in longing for his bed that he nearly forgot why he was there, "Let me show you."

Jungkook watched intently as, with a gentle flick of his wrist, Taehyung focused his Aura into the area just above the palm of his hand. As his focus grew, a mere flicker of golden light grew into a loose globe of sparkling particles in a matter of seconds. Taehyung's Aura was truly beautiful, Jungkook thought to himself, and he watched in awe as the golden glimmer swirled and swayed in mid air, gaining more mass as Taehyung pushed his mind further, clearly a very practiced Protector.

Suddenly, Jungkook felt the same woozy, hypnotic feeling, seemingly entranced by the globe as he dropped his hands to his lap. It felt so stuffy, so draining and yet he couldn't tear his gaze away from the graceful swaying of the golden energy. He felt the energy being sucked from the room, pulled from his body as a faint trail of red streamed from his fingertips to join the magnetic golden galaxy. The sinkhole was visibly tugging at his Aura, greedily rounding up his energy.

He felt uneasy, and yet so intrigued. Too curious in fact, he felt the need to get closer to it, wanting the light to swallow him up in its strange, stifling discomfort. He stood shakily, leaning over the sinkhole and reaching a hand out to touch the enthralling golden light to see for himself. Before he could get any closer, Taehyung's hand shot upwards, dispersing the energy back into himself as the light flowed into his veins, and then looked expectantly back up at Jungkook.

"You have to be careful. It's natural for one to be drawn to my sinkholes, but the closer you get, the greater effect it has over your energy," Tae explained, swirling his index finger in the air, which was followed by a trail of golden Aura. "Trust me, you don't want to get too close to that thing."

"It's beautiful..." Jungkook stood there, exasperated, still entranced just by the thought of the sinkhole. He was attracted to it like a moth to a dusty lantern, which did slightly worry him to see what other tricks Tae had up his sleeve. He now knew why he was so fixated on finding the source of the disturbance, it pulled him in like a magnet, and Taehyung's Aura swallowed up the stolen energy which only further fuelled the sinkhole's power. It was like a snowball rolling down a slush-topped mountain, the more energy that was collected by it, the stronger the sinkhole became, which only sucked in more energy. How wonderfully dangerous, Jungkook thought to himself.

"Uhm- anyways... Don't say it's beautiful. It can be really destructive, you know," Taehyung stuttered, stroking his offensive hand's palm with his left thumb as he looked at it with a sense of disdain. Jungkook sensed his shift in tone and stiffened, regaining a serious posture and holding Tae's gaze.

"Aren't we all? Magic is far from innocent, you should not feel guilty for your powers, Taehyung," Jungkook reassured him, offering a consoling hand on Tae's slumped shoulder. Truthfully, he knew exactly what the man was going through. When he first learned of his powers through his parents, he was extremely frightened.

With an already fragile ego as a young preteen, Jungkook's world was flipped upside down. He knew that his parents were Protectors of the Remnant of Iyana, he knew that powers of their kind were very scarce and sought after. What he didn't know was that he was also able to wield such mesmerizing, destructive powers. He spent his childhood learning not to fear what his own mind created. Learned to control the spirits and their ridiculing, years accusing him of being too weak had pushed him past his breaking point and he became exactly what he feared.