11

"the buses are so smelly, coach," rosie complained as she got off the girls volleyball team bus. rosie was normally the last one, along with her coach, as she helped her with all the equipment they brought.

today they traveled to saint ignitus, a school with a very good women's volleyball team.

"well when you make it big, you can donate a bus to your school," coach hale laughed mockingly. rosie rolled her eyes and laughed.

"just wait coach, rosie's gonna be top ace for the women's national volleyball team," ciara praised her.

"only if you're my setter," she fake cried, running to ciaras arms.

"stop goofing around, we have a game to win, girls."

everyone grabbed their things and started following coach hale to the gymnasium, walking towards another school bus from norwest christian.

"who else came?" rosie's question was answered as coach bynes of the football team stepped down the bus, followed by none other than calum hood himself.

rosie internally gagged.

"good luck ladies! to championship!" coach bynes encouraged.

"you too, mr bynes!"

"we don't need luck anymore, we got hood here, right captain?" he said, putting his hand on calum proudly.

"yes coach," he said, only eyeing rosie, easily reading the face of shock and disgust.

rosies mind went blank as they walked away into the gymnasium, and changed for the game.

"what's going on in your beautiful brain baby?"

rosie turned to dahlia, smiling widely.

"you came!" she hugged her best friend.

"as if i could miss it. i have a yearbook to make, wel help allison make," she joked. "what's going on?"

"just connecting some dots."

"like?"

rosie chewed her lip.

"you can tell me."

"remember when we saw logan and calum about to fight?"

"yeah?"

"calum just got introduced as football captain by coach bynes."

"b-but that was logan?"

"i know. logan was obviously pissed about the open tryouts, getting his title of captain taken away by calum."

"wonderful detective santos, you've cracked it again!"

"thank you! thank you!" rosie played along, bowing, "always a pleasure being much smarter than everyone."

dahlia giggled and got scolded by coach hale, who told her to run along to the gym.

"nervous captain?" ciara asked.

"nah, not really."

"i got something that'll make you nervous," eden said, walking towards them already dressed in her libero uniform.

"what?"

"i heard from dylan that liam said that harry plans to ask you to homecoming."

"what?" ciara laughed.

rosie was dumbfounded.

"i- what? thats- that's insane," she blushed deeply.

roselyn used to have crush on harry because he was in their musical for the wizard of oz. after that, the two became good friends and harry would always come to their other plays.

"that's what i heard."

"wasn't he like, going with andrea-" ciara questioned.

"andrea is going with calum," rosie said. eden and lola smirked.

"and how do you know?"

"i saw her ask him."

"god, he is such a pussy."

"i don't think he planned on going," rosie said, he didn't seem like the type to go and try to be homecoming prince. if anything, she assumed his plan was to go entirely invisible for the rest of term.

"no doubt they'll win. calum's a regulation hottie, and i mean, andrea's... andrea, like it's a no-brainier."