12

the score was 13 to 14 of the last set. they had won one set, but lost the second, and it wasn't looking too good. rosie's team was down , but it was also their turn to serve. rosie felt as if her heart was going to fall out of her chest.

"come on, izzy," rosie encouraged from her spot, noticing her obvious nerves. isabel hochman was their ace server, and a grade older than rosie, but she, like the other girls in her age, respected coach's decision in making rosie captain.

izzy threw the ball in the air and hit it over hand. it crossed the net, allowing their libero to get it before it touched the ground.

"one touch!" the other team shouted.

"sarah! erika!" rosie called, causing them to react quickly and jump to block it, which worked as they stopped the opposing teams' spiker and it fell inside the court. rosie's team jumped and cheered for the two girls. now they were tied up.

izzy served again, and the receiver accidentally touched it when it was gonna be out, so the score was now 15 to 14.

"one more ladies," rosie said, earning nods. "come on izzy."

izzy nodded and served once more. it was recieved by their libero hit it back over, losing their chance to score.

"ciara!" rosie called, allowing her enugh time to react and set the ball. at the call of ciara's name, rosie and 12th grade spiker, jude, started to run forward.

jude jumped, but the toss was not meant for her as it passed her hand once she was going down, while rosie was at the perfect placement, slamming it hard to the grown between the two blockers that were trying to block jude.

rosie scored the winning point, causing everyone to scream and cheer over the whistles of the referrees.

rosie instinctively looked for dahlia in the crowd while her teammates attacked her in a huge group hug, eventually pulling her up and carrying her as she had won the game for them.

instead of finding dahlia, she found calum hood standing still with the rest of the football team cheering and jumping in excitement.

he had a straight face, showing no emotion at all.

she finally found dahlia, who was crying tears of joy, and holding her camera to her chest. she mouth the words 'i love you' and rosie smiled.

"i love you too!" she shouted, giggling as she had almost fallen. her teammates and members of the boys football team who were carrying her chanted her name.

rosie couldn't help but to indulge in it, letting it get to her ego.

"i am the greatest!" she shouted followed by her contagious laughter. "wooooh!"