43

The remaining Horsemen's survival instincts must kick in because all three of them launch themselves at Reine and the Archangels, ready to fight to stay out of their prisons.

The three angels arm themselves with their weapons, their faces contorting into ones of concentration instead of relief and confusion about Reine surviving certain death.

"Get back, Reine!" Jungkook yells as he intercepts Seokjin while he runs straight for Reine. "Do not come near them until we say!"

Reine runs back, pressing herself against the windows that are trembling underneath the power of the wind outside as the fighting resumes, even more intense than before.

She sees Jungkook fighting against Seokjin. Seokjin is quick with his reflexes; he moves as easily as a feather in the breeze as he dodges Jungkook's every attack, which only causes Jungkook to yell out in rage and push himself even harder to land a blow.

"Getting angry will not help you," Seokjin says, not even slightly out of breath as he bobs and weaves around Jungkook's swinging sword and shield. "You are growing messy with your moves, and that will inevitably give me a chance to strike and end this lifetime of yours. You are essentially digging your own grave with each careless move you make without thinking about what could happen should it go astray."

"Do not tell me how to fight, Seokjin," Jungkook growls as he rolls forward and puts his shield up in time for Seokjin's scythe to scrape against it. "I am the Warrior Archangel. I was made for the purpose of fighting to protect humankind. I was made with the strength of a thousand men, and I will not sit here and take advice from someone who cowers behind his weapon and is useless without it."

"You are foolish," Seokjin says, tossing his scythe to his other hand to try to slice Jungkook from the other side, but Jungkook blocks it with his sword.

"The only one who is foolish is you," Jungkook says through gritted teeth as he pushes with his sword and shield, causing Seokjin to stumble back as he stands, "because you have chosen to stand on the losing side of this battlefield."

Namjoon and Yoongi are locked together, Yoongi's eyes alight with rage as Namjoon stares into his gaze with a stoic demeanor. Reine can see Yoongi and Jungkook's similarities as both of them grow more careless with their moves, desperate to get the upper hand while their opponents remain in control of their bodies and emotions.

"At least Jungkook didn't mind getting a little dirty," Yoongi smirks through the dried blood on his face. "I feel like I'm fighting against a man past his prime."

"Jungkook's skill is his strength," Namjoon says, his voice low as he easily avoids every swing of Yoongi's sword. "My skill is my mind. I do not need super strength to defeat you. I can do that without lifting a finger."

"Show off," Yoongi rolls his eyes as he throws his sword, and Namjoon turns his body so that it veers past him and buries itself into a nearby bookshelf.

Yoongi holds his hand out, and the sword comes back to him, the blade gleaming as he turns back to look at Namjoon, his eyes gleaming with a dark glint as wisps of red hair fall onto his forehead.

"You're confident now," he says, swinging his sword in his hand, "but you'll be begging for your life soon enough."

Hoseok is going toe-to-toe with Taehyung, their fighting styles creating almost a dance instead of a fight. Hoseok is so graceful on his feet, able to maneuver to different positions as though his bones are made of water; Taehyung's eyes are squinted in concentration as he tries to understand the way Hoseok fights - the way he moves so he can gain the upper hand.

"You cannot beat us," Hoseok says as his sword meets the blade of Taehyung's dagger. "You are smart enough to see that there is no way out of this. We gained the advantage as soon as Reine put Jimin back in his box. You have lost. Accept defeat, Taehyung."