part 5

You tilted your head up slightly, taking in the sight of Eddie Munson. He was leaning against the door frame smiling, big brown eyes filled with amusement. His hair was a little messy, but it suited him. You looked him up and down, taking in what he was wearing. You nodded in appreciation of his cool style.

"Are you... checking me out?" he asked jokingly.

You quickly met his eyes again, "I- no. I wasn't. I just like your outfit."

He narrowed his eyes but the smile remained on his face. "Whatever you say. I'm just going to keep thinking that you were checking me out. I mean, I really don't blame you. These luscious locks and my killer style is really something that you don't see every day."

You stayed silent and looked at him expectantly. He stood there looking back at you, waiting for you to say something before realizing that you were still outside and he was blocking the door. "Let me get some of these bags for you," he said. He reached forward and took three of the bags out of your left hand and carried them inside.

You followed him, "Thank you." The inside of the boathouse was a mess, and it smelled musty. There was a film of dust covering every surface and trash laying around. You weren't sure what was because of Eddie and what was already there.

"No problem. It's the least I can do since you picked all this up for me." Eddie set the bags down on the counter and started pulling stuff out. You set down a plastic bag, the six pack, and took the Cokes and waters out of your backpack and put them down too. You looked over at Eddie who had gone uncharacteristically quiet. He was staring at the six packs, mouth agape.

"You got beer?" he asked incredulously.

"Yeah. You asked for some didn't you?"

"Yes, I did, but I didn't expect you to actually get them. You are now my favorite person," he said. He pulled two beers out, offering one to you. You took it and followed Eddie to the couch. He plopped down and cracked the tab on his drink, taking a long sip. "That is heaven."

You took a seat on the couch too, getting a whiff of weed when you sat down.

"So you wanted to talk about Chrissy?" Eddie asked. His facial expression was soft and understanding and made you feel safe.

"Yeah. I knew about her wanting to buy from you and that she was going to your house before that party. She never came though."

He nodded. "We met up just outside the school at first, right where the trees start and that little picnic table is. She seemed on edge when I got there, but I mean, she's a cheerleader and who would think of Chrissy Cunningham buying drugs?"

"Nobody... at least nobody that doesn't know what was going on with her," you said.

"She told me that she felt like she was losing her mind. I felt bad for her. I don't know what she has going on but I could tell that it was really getting to her."

"Chrissy never had the best home life. At all. For the past week she was having bad headaches, nightmares, and she couldn't sleep. I know she was seeing the guidance counselor but I don't think it was helping at all. That's why she came to you." You paused, thinking about your last day with your best friend. "The day she died I was in the bathroom with her. She was throwing up and didn't feel good but she wouldn't go home because of the game."

"Sounds like her," Eddie added.

You smiled, "Yeah. Chrissy is very devoted to the things she enjoys. Was. Sorry, I'm still not used to her... not being here." You swallowed, trying to contain your emotions as much as you could. It didn't work too well, tears welling up and some sliding down your cheeks. You have been so busy since she died that you never really had the time to just sit down and think and talk.