2

Walking back into stark tower after the whole ordeal was terrifying. For me, it had only been a matter of a few days since Obadiah shot me but here... here it had been a month.

When we got into the elevator my father began telling Jarvis a list of instructions on what he needed done then looked to me, "have strange and nurse Palmer come here too. I may not like him but he's good at what he does." I was about to say something but Tony interrupted me, "forgive me while I go into full father mode locking down the tower." I let out a laugh, "dad you're the one who got taken. Not me." He placed a hand on my shoulder, "this was at your mothers request." I nodded and watched as he communicated with Jarvis about all the new security measures that were activating. The top floor where we lived would become a fortress.

When the elevator doors opened again I found my mother standing waiting for me. I found myself being pulled into her arms as I walked off and it was in that moment I found myself crying. The last month, being shot, just... it all became to much and she could see it. My mother began to comfort me as we walked to the couch. "Welcome home baby girl," she said. Tony came and sat on the other side of me, "the others will be here soon. Do you want to start now?"

I looked to my father, "when everyone is here." I watched as he got up and left. "Mom," I said in a low whisper, "was I ever dead at one point?" She turned me to face her, "yes. How did you?" I felt the tears fall again, "I'll explain in time. I just. I had to know this now." She nodded as I moved to place my head in her lap.

——— | ———

Hours would pass and my story would be told. Everyone seemed to be taking the information well. Tony on the other hand was furious. He wanted to go and kill Obadiah and was about to go find that machine when I stopped him, "dad, he'll make it right." Tony looked back to me, "who?" I pointed to him, "you." He looked at me confused as I said, "you were my brother in that other place but even then you still raised me. Howard and Maria were absent and there you were, here you are, raising me across every reality." Tony walked over to me and pulled me into his arms, "I'm glad he took care of you."

"So what do we do with the machine?" Asked pepper. I looked up to my father, "we need to destroy it," I looked to my mom, "the power it radiates was predicted to surpass the arc reactor. It's to powerful even in the right hands. We need to get rid of it." Tony nodded, "until we find a safe alternative we can lock it away in the vault at the compound." I nodded and was about to say something when I noticed Bucky walk over to Tony and I, "since all the people we care about are here. I," Bucky got down on one knee, "I," he took my hand, "marry me?" I smiled to him, "yes." He placed the ring on my hand as he got up. I was getting ready to kiss him when Pepper said, "I don't think we have to say it." Bucky looked to her, "I'd die before I hurt her Mrs. Stark." Tony placed a hand on Buckys shoulder, "good. Because there is no place on earth you could hide." I watched as bucky let out a hesitant laugh, "understood."

Tony let go of his shoulder then pulled him in for a hug. "How about we celebrate. Christine and Strange should be here soon. I'll call Hill and see about having a little celebration." I watched as everyone nodded in agreement.

——— | ———

Later that night I found myself staring in the mirror. I was staring at where the bullet wound was and at all the other scars I had come to have because of my line of work. Being the daughter of ironman left me in a weird situation and the scars a result.

"Chloe?" I hear that familiar voice call my name. I turned to see Bucky leaning in the door way staring at me. "What are you staring at?" He walked over to me and kissed me, "I'm staring at how beautiful my future wife is." I felt my cheeks heat up, "Bucky-" I went back to looking at the scars, "I... I'm...." He wrapped his arms around me as he looked into the mirror too. "I have scars head to toe and I was shot here," I pointed to where Obadiah had shot me, "I can see the scars the other me endured and they line up to mine." Bucky kissed the side of my head, "the scars show your story," he turned to face me, "This one," he pointed to one on my hip, "is from me when I was him." He pointed to one just below my sternum, "from when we fought the chitari," he looked me in the eye, "you are perfect doll. Please don't let this worry you." I lifted onto my tip toes to kiss him, "I didn't know you knew." He smirked and pointed to one on my thigh. There was a scar of his teeth there. He said he'd bite me and I didn't believe him.

"Chloe," he kissed me, "please get dressed. I want to take you somewhere." I smiled and walked to the closet and got into warm clothes. When I walked out I found Bucky in a nice suit with a bouquet of roses, "I know they're not really your thing, but I got em anyway so you could add to your dried flowers." I smiled to him, "you know me so well." I went and grabbed a vase from under the bathroom sink and placed the roses inside it. I asked, "Where are we headed?" He responded with a smile before taking my hand and taking me to Central Park to find a candle lit area and all of our friends and family waiting.

"I am 105 years old. I have lived through a world war and done some pretty unspeakable things. Even after all the darkness you were able to see the good in me. Chloe," he gestured to everyone, "they're all here at my request because I wanted to get married tonight. Nothing in life is certain, and after everything that's happened, we'll I can't afford to lose you. I love you. So please, let us get married in front of our friends and family and later we can plan the fancy wedding." I shook my head and watched a worried expression come across his face, "Buck," I took his hands, "Everything I've ever wanted is right here. I love you," he smiled, "and I you." I looked to see Tony walking over to me, "move over Barnes. I would like to walk my daughter down the isle." Bucky took a step aside and hurried down the end of the isle that had been lit up by lights, "thank you dad." He kissed my cheek, "this was all him kiddo."

Natasha pulled her phone out and began to play music for me to walk down the isle. Life was happy. Everything was perfect and tonight. Tonight was bitter sweet knowing she never got this.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Steve say, "you may kiss the bride." I looked to bucky and smiled as he dipped me and kissed me. when he stood me up I noticed everyone start clapping and saying congratulations to us. later I would find myself back in bucky and my room staring at the ring on my finger. I was married. "You're thinking about her again, aren't you?" i hear bucky say. I nodded, "I went to this other reality cause i don't exist there. Bucky i felt her die and it is hard. There, the other us, were so madly in love. Waking up there was a nightmare and for her, she just never woke up."

bucky came up and pulled me into his arms, "i'm sorry." I stayed looking at the ring, "i just hope he, hope all of them are ok." Bucky kissed my cheek, "My love, they had you for a longer time than they were ever going to get. they were given something and someone to rally behind. If that tony is anything like your father then i know he'll be ok." i smiled, "thank you." bucky looked to me confused so i said, "for loving me across every time line."