Writing Prompt #2

My heart raced. It pounded so hard you could probably hear it through the thick silence around me. I hated the silence. It felt wrong…very wrong.

I held the dagger close to my side, hidden by my coat. My back pressed against the wall so hard, no space was in between.

I tried to steady my breathing more. I can't let him find me. I can't let him know I'm here.

I'm going to kill him, and I don't need him running away before I can.

He's going to pay for what he did.

I heard the steady sound of footsteps, coming closer and closer to where I was hidden. My grip on the dagger tightened. My heart hammered faster.

I could see his shadow on the wall as he moved closer. The shadow growing bigger with each step.

As soon as I saw him round the corner, I went into action. I ran out from where I was hiding and kicked him in the chest. I heard the grunt of pain from him but I ignored it.

He deserved it.

He managed to gain his footing before he went to punch me, which I caught. His eyes widened a bit, which was enough of a distraction for me to punch him in the face. He stumbled backwards and I slid my leg underneath him, making him trip. There was a loud bang from his head making contact with the ground.

I immediately jumped onto him, pinning his legs down with mine and holding my dagger to his pale neck.

During all that action, my hood fell off my head. I felt my long, golden hair fall on the sides of my head, curtaining the sides of my face.

His stormy grey eyes stared up at me in even more shock.

"Sylvs?" He asked, his voice barely a whisper.

"No!" I hissed, pressing the dagger harder on his neck. "You don't get to call me that!"

He winced slightly from the pain, but didn't fully pay attention to it. He knew why I was doing this. "Sylvia…you know I didn't do it."

"You're lying! Callum told me everything!" I glared down at him. "I know you killed him, August!"

I have to admit, when Callum first told me about it, I didn't want to believe him. But he had the proof. He showed me. How could I not believe him?

August shook his head, his mop of raven black hair moving with him. He made a mistake. He now had a small cut on his neck from the dagger slicing his skin.

"Why would I kill him? Why would I kill my best friend?"

"I don't know! All I know is that you killed him! Callum showed me the proof! He told me what you did! Now why did you kill Seth?" I demanded. I was getting impatient.

"I would never kill Seth, Sylvs. He was my best friend and when I saw him die it hurt. It hurt me as much as it did you. I don't know what Callum told you but-"

I cut him off. "I don't believe you! Callum wouldn't lie to me! He has always been there for me! He wouldn't lie about what happened to my own brother!"

August sighed. "Don't trust him."

"Funny, that's exactly what he said about you." I scoffed, putting more pressure on the knife.

"If you don't believe me…go ahead, look into my head." August challenged, staring me right into my piercing blue eyes. "Right now."

That's what made me hesitate, the pressure on the dagger lessened.

Should I look? Should I see what really happened through his eyes? What if he's really telling the truth?

Before I could let myself think more, I closed my eyes, focusing, and pushed my mind into August's.

It's time to see the truth.

I actually really love how this one turned out :DD