Chapter 2

"Well, someone's late" Yes, it was how that idiot Yagi said hello to his friend. Chuukichi didn't say anything though and just sat straight to his desk. I looked outside and just waited for the teacher while they talk.

"What's up with you? Is your part-time job tiring you out?" I knew about his part-time job but not everyone does, which is probably why he told his friend to be quiet. I don't think they know that I'm listening since they never called me out.

"Shut it, Yagi. We both know that the others can't find out about it since some might follow me and you do know that the chairwoman is scary" Everyone is scared of the chairwoman, even the teachers. They say she's heartless and mean but according to what I heard she just adopted two kids, someone heartless and mean wouldn't do something like that, right?

"Did you study for the test today?" Yagi asked, even though Chuukichi's face is covered by his hair, I can still see that he was shocked by what Yagi said.

"There's a test?" He whispered shout. I flinched a bit since I've known Chuukichi for a long time and he's always calm and collected. This is the first time that I've seen him panic. I never thought that he'll panic over a test since he's good in managing his time.

"Why didn't you tell me?!" He panicked and got all his books and notes that's related to that topic. It didn't seem like he's studying, it just seems like he was ripping those notes because of how fast he was turning to the next page.

"Calm down with the books Chuukichi, it'll rip if you continue doing that. Here" I gave him my notes which made him confused "It's a summary of what's gonna come out on the test today, you have about 10-20 minutes to finish studying before the teacher comes in" Chuukichi nodded and accepted my notebook.

"Thank you" He gave me a small smile and I nodded in response. I stood up and exited the classroom while holding my chest. I went to the girls bathroom and stood in front of the mirror. I looked at myself and saw that I was smiling from ear to ear, there was a slight dust of pink in my cheeks and my right hand was on my chest.

I've known Chuukichi for a long time, we've been classmates ever since both of us can go to school, but we don't really talk. I never had the courage to talk to him and was contented with just admiring him from afar. But sometimes I can't help but wonder if only I have the courage to talk to him then maybe things would be different. I don't expect us to be together but maybe be friends? I would be good with that.

"Ahh whatever Akari, maybe things will happen if you just let it be" But I've been waiting for years for something to magically happen but nothing. Maybe I really do need to make a move.

I went out of the restroom because I might go crazy thinking on what I should do if I stay there. When I was on my way back I saw our teacher about to go inside the classroom. I bowed a little before entering and he followed right behind me.

As soon as I sat down Chuukichi gave me my notebook back with a smile on his face.

"Thank you again for letting me burrow your notes, It helped a lot. I wasn't able to study last night since I got busy so your notes really helped me a lot" He passed my notebook to which I accepted.

"It's nothing" I could tell that some of my classmates are staring at us but I ignored them and just focused on what the teacher is saying.

"You have nice handwriting by the way" My heart stopped, I feel like I was about to pass out. I feel so happy, I could jump around this classroom right now because of the happiness that I'm feeling.

"A-ahm thank you" SHIT! I stuttered! I never stutter! I'm crazy, he just complimented my handwriting, I'm overreacting. Heart, please calm down.

--------

Finally it's lunch time. I'm super hungry since I didn't eat my breakfast because I was in a rush. If only I knew that our first teacher would be late I would've taken my precious time to eat peacefully rather than hurrying just to I can get here.

I looked to my side as soon as I stood up and saw that Chuukichi was about to sleep, but it's lunch time though. I'm sure he didn't eat anything this morning too since he was late. I would've just let him be but he has been skipping lunch for a few days now, it's not healthy.

"You're not eating?" I asked, sitting back down. Chuukichi looked at me from the side and there it was again, my heart beating crazily for him. He shook his head, saying that he wasn't eating.

"Why?" I'm probably annoying him right now but I just really want to know why he has been skipping lunch for days now.

"I've been trying to tell him that he should eat something but he wouldn't listen to me" Yagi shake his head and tried to pull Chuukichi with him but Chuukichi wouldn't budge and just kept resting his head on his desk.

"I told you already Yagi, I'm not hungry" Then his stomach grumbled. The three of us went quiet, Chuukichi looked down in embarrassment while Yagi laughed and even fell on the floor.

Chuukichi has done this multiple times already and every time that he does this it's because he's saving up for something so he avoids spending money as much as possible. I looked at the lunch that I prepared for myself and gave it to him.

"You can have that" I was about to go since I know that he was going to refuse but he held my wrist to stop me from going. He was no longer sitting down so I needed to look up just so our eyes can meet.

"I can't have this, please take it" He tried to give it back to me but I refused and pushed it back to him. At this point everyone who stayed in the classroom and those who are in the hallway are now looking at us.

"It's okay. You can have it, don't worry I didn't put poison on it" I joked which made the both of us chuckle. He was about to push it back but I stopped him and made him hold it with both of his hands.

"But what about you? What're you going to eat?" I shrugged before answering his question.

"I'll go to the cafeteria. Don't worry about it" I smiled and went out of my classroom to go buy my food. On my way there I saw Kamitani, looks like he was waiting for me since he was near my classroom.

"Looks like someone finally worked up the courage to make a move" He teased making me roll my eyes. He knows that I like Chuukichi even though I didn't even tell him. It started with him teasing me that we looked good together and then shipped us and somehow he found out.

"A lot happened today and I wish I can smack your arm because of the happiness that I'm feeling right now"