Introduction

Aah this is my second work here on wattpad hehe ><

This has been originally published on ao3 under the same title and username as a part of Yeonbingo fest 2022 on twitter, and I really wanted to bring this here for those who don't have access to ao3/twitter.

This is really, really different from my first one since that one was purely fluff with a tiny, tiny bit of angst.

This is based on the infamous Hanahaki disease. For the ones who don't know what it is, it's a fictional disease caused by unrequited love, where one coughs or throws up flower petals. It's gone only when your feelings are returned or you surgically remove it, but that comes with a price. You forget about the person and the feelings you had for them.

Or else, you die.

• This is a fanfiction, meaning, it's all fictional and nothing is to be taken seriously. The characters here and the people in real life have no connection. I don't own them in any form.

However, the idea and plot belongs to me, my imagination, so I really hope there won't be any plagiarisation.

• It has boyxboy pairing, so if you are homophobic, this is not for you.

• Contains major character death, so if you are triggered by these, please don't continue reading.

• English isn't my first language. If I have done a mistake here, please educate me immediately.

• And lastly, votes and comments are always appreciated as they encourage me a lot!!

The signs of life now stood as a symbol of death. The love that once bloomed in his heart, now replaced by a flower that pierced its roots deeply into his lungs and suffocated him slowly. Truly, only love could hurt like this — what would love be if it came easy?

Loving him was blissful, but it came with a heavy price.

— Would Roses Bloom,
published : 09.06.2022 on wattpad and ao3 by gyuarte.