family video

So, don't ask how or why, but Steve had ended up in the passenger seat of Eddie's van, going with him to him, and his uncle's trailer to have beers, and probably end up smoking.

It all started out just fine, Steve working the counter at the video shop. It was a pretty slow day, so he was a little bored, but it was better than being completely full with customers like it usually is on the weekends. Then Robin came along, and of course she annoyed the hell out of Steve like she normally does. Steve halfway tuned into what she was talking about, something regarding how his taste in women wasn't good.

At about a quarter to four a scuffed up black van pulled up. Steve recognized the vehicle, but he couldn't remember where from until the man the myth the legend stepped out, wearing his infamous jean jacket.

Eddie Munson.

The man Dustin couldn't shut up about.

Steve was about ready to tell Robin to man the counter just because he was so annoyed hearing about how much better Ediie was than him, and how cool his dungeons and dragons campaign was. But, Steve decided to suck it up and be a man. He mostly stayed though because Robin was told about how cool Eddie was, and she would never stop talking about how Steve couldn't stand knowing that his fourteen year old friends had people besides him that they liked.

After a minute, Steve found his way out of the little procrastination massacre that he formed, and with half effort presented his customer service speech.

" Welcome to family video, any movie you can..."

When he looked up from the counter, it was like his brain paused, no more words could come out of his mouth.

Steve had never really found a man attractive before 'cause... he was straight right? But he couldn't help himself from ogling over the man standing in front of the doorway. Everything about him was... beautiful? Pretty? Hot? He didn't know what to call it, all he knew was that his mind was already going in a different direction than it should have been.

"I can what?"

Hearing that voice pulled him out of his trance.

"Hmm? Oh, uh, any movie you can watch you can find on our shelves."

" I highly doubt that you have every movie on the shelves."

" Yeah, it's not the greatest slogan. Can I help you with anything?"

God his eyes were so pretty. Wait, what? Steve should not be thinking about the prettiness of his competitions eyes.

" I think I'm okay, just here to pick up a couple favorites to rewatch."

"Cool. I'm here if you need anything."

Eddie disappeared into one of the horror aisles, head bowed down looking at the tapes on the shelves. Steve had no control of where his eyes were going, they followed him everywhere he went, admiring every piece of him, until he was interrupted by someone he forgot was even there.

"Steve!' Robin yelled at him, sounding very unhappy

"What?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, i'm fine. Why'd you ask?"

" I called your name like four times. Where'd you go?

That was something he also could not tell Robin about, he could not tell her that the man he previously loathed, had been so good looking that he couldn't tell when someone was speaking to him.

" dunno, just thinking."

"About what?" when she said it, it sounded like she was prying at something. She couldn't know though, unless there was some gay super sense.