one.

ღ - one;; 𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐲𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐫.

          𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐕𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐒𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐘 𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐒, Aalis knew that too well. She had been with you since childhood and picked up on your little quirks and pet peeves, giggling whenever you would sneak a small piece of pastry in class while they were still studying. The pinkette always tried to get your favor by cooking them for you and helping you avoid getting caught eating in class. One time, she caught you stuffing your mouth with the sugary goods she had kept for you. Aalis thought it was cute how you turned beet red when she confronted you about it.

But she was always overshadowed by the dirty blonde that seemed to hover around you, always looming over you and scaring away the others. The worse thing about it was that you cared for her so much, it infuriated Aalis. So she kept a low profile around Ella, who knew what that vile woman would do to her if she knew she was getting closer to you.

Nonetheless, Aalis still tried, gaining a crush on you over the years.

She hated how dull you'd become, and all because of her. If she had the courage, she would've snapped at Ella a long time ago, but Ella would've snapped her neck in return, so she kept to herself. The seafoam-orbed maiden was happy Ella had been KIA, as cruel as that might sound. But she had a reason! She'd seen through her façade and discovered the blonde was acting too possessive with you, was she that desperate?

The girl guessed she wasn't planning anything good for you. Hell, if that woman had kept others away from you for so many years by just being sickening sweet and menacing, who knows what she would've done to you?

"Yes? What is the matter?" stood there staring at you for a few seconds before she snapped out of her daze. Chuckling nervously, she placed a pastel pink box with a white ribbon wrapped around it in your arms.

Instantly guessing what the contents of the box were, you raised your hand to ruffle her light pink locks, making Aalis giggle in return. "Thank you Aalis."

"No problem! You had your ascension today, right? Congratulations!!" Her dress bobbed up and down as she jumped a little from excitement. Nodding, you sent her a small smile. She returned a smile of her own warmly before her eyes widened.

"Oh! Did you hear about the Summerstale ball that's coming up?" You raised an eyebrow in return. Aalis cleared her throat, "you've never been there? Gosh you're missing out on a lot. Well, it's in a week and I've heard you're going to be a guest of honor! Isn't that exciting? Are you coming then?"

     You sighed. Resting at home seemed a whole lot more tempting than going to a ball full of careless, pushy nobles and unfiltered women who were way too touchy with you. But you had to return the favor. After all, Aalis' sweets were in fact one of the best in the kingdom. Removing your gaze from the white box, you looked up at her.

"All right, I shall accompany you to the ball." The maiden beamed and reached out to embrace you. You flinched and Aalis looked at you with worried eyes, backing up shyly. Her face flushed from embarrassment as she avoided your gaze, "my apologies."

"I'll pick you up! Farewell Sir (name)!" You bid her goodbye and left, finally arriving at the warm manor you resided in.