three.

ღ - three;; 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

          𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐌𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐃𝐀𝐆𝐆𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃 was proof of the atrocity he had just committed. He ran. He ran before anyone could have witnessed him doing so. He couldn't afford being seen, his life would've been taken away then and there. By whom? 

You, of course. It was a risky move, but he couldn't wait any longer. The young assassin feared for his life. Sure, he had done this many times, but he didn't feel such dread before until he saw you.

Dread filled his body from top to bottom.

As he neared the exit gates, he slammed them open, alerting a few guests. They quickly went back to their own business, as they should. Regardless, they were going to be too busy aiding a certain bloodied up prince, even if they saw him with the short blade. Even if what he had just committed was a crime. Even if, even if, even if-

"Viktor?"

One, two, three, four screams were heard.

You took a step back from Cyril, your whole body frozen in shock. Aalis held tears in her eyes as she covered her trembling mouth. The prince's body would've been on the floor if it hadn't been for you stretching out your arms to hold him.

Almost like- almost like how Ella had lost her life.

He was still breathing. But the blood was flowing out too quickly, the man who wielded the knife had taken it with him, shit. Cyril needed medical attention, now. Your eyes searched the ballroom for a doctor, where were they?

Rapidly, you placed the prince on the ground, turning him so his back would face you. Your gloved hands pressed against the wound and applied pressure to it as Aalis stopped sobbing and looked around for a doctor. As soon as she left she came back with someone with medical knowledge.

"Step aside please." You did as told and removed your hands from the pinkette's wounded body. A group of men rushed to the doctor's side, patching up Cyril and taking him away.

"What has happened?" A familiar voice was heard as the crowd stepped aside to give space to the King. He stared worriedly at the crimson liquid on the floor, eyes moving to your gloved hands. How convenient, they were stained with blood as well.

Shit, now they would most definitely suspect you.

Aalis spoke up on your behalf, "Your Highness, Sir Cyril has been impaled with a blade. We don't know who might've done it, but I believe the prince is still breathing!" A few people from the crowd nodded, confirming her testimony.

"Have you caught the culprit?" A noble man narrowed his eyes at you. You returned the action but instead regretted it as soon as he cleared his throat to speak up. The bastard smirked at you and directed his gaze onto the King.

"Your Majesty, I believe Sir (name) might've been one of the few people with Prince Cyril when the incident took place. He should be the prime suspect. After all, he's the one who has blood tainted on his hands." Aalis fumed with rage. Was someone really this low trying to frame you?