|Chapter Four: I used to want to be her|

"Don't worry mother, your daughter is a soldier."

Vivienne's POV

Vivienne's POV

A blood-stained scale of reminiscence splitting every part of physique with the blade. My lips curve into a distant grin of a Cheshire cat. Oh, how much I despise it. I feel like sliding myself into a limitless bound of a gorgeous oblivion. But the strangest of all, I know I will land somewhere. I always do...do I not? Keep finding myself in places that are always ever so foreign. I feel throbbing all across my body while my mind keeps repeating one question like a mantra, Is this finally ending? It is not going to, is it? Not until it dishevels every part of my living and not living sentiments into crusts of bread that birds pick on until it's crushed till the very core. Even so, why does it give me so much content? And it devours me all over again...how the right things don't feel right anymore.

I'm still collapsing without a ground. And the ground I look for has been demolished a decade ago.

My rear end hits the solid surface of the earth. My vision is gliding towards nothingness, and as much as I want it to, I can't let it. I force out my gaze to come into reunion of the unending silver lining of what's up there. Could that truly be the sky? I've never witnessed constellations gathered so clearly that I felt enfolded within their embrace. I feel dimensions into layers like a deck of cards and I'm tucked within them.

My legs summoned the strength to rise, as my eyes engulfed the role of a wanderer in desperate search. And my heart beating as an accusation.......it's like, it found a life all over again.

The air felt charged with an energy I couldn't quite describe. The surroundings were a kaleidoscope of colors and shapes, unlike anything I had ever seen before. The air, though different, was strangely invigorating, and a gentle breeze carried an otherworldly scent.

As I stood up and surveyed the landscape, the horizon stretched into surreal landscapes. Exotic flora and fauna dotted the landscape, and the sky above seemed to ripple with hues that defied earthly comprehension. The ground beneath their feet felt solid yet strangely alive.

It felt as if my senses heightened, and I could detect sounds and whispers that seemed to resonate from the very essence of this new reality. A distant hum, the harmonious symphony of alien creatures, and a gentle rustle of unknown vegetation all combined to create a symphony of the extraordinary.

My immediate surroundings hinted at a civilization—architecture that defied the laws of physics, structures that seemed to blend seamlessly with the environment. As I took hesitant steps forward, I couldn't shake the feeling of being both an explorer and an intruder in this fantastical realm.

As I wasn't aware of what my steps would unveil, I'm urged to hide in a shadow forever. But I remember, I have absolutely nothing to lose. Today, for better or worse, neither do I know nor do I want to. What an irony, so much of an awe-striking view, but something that hits home more than it ever did since a decade ago. Shackles leaving my feet, that were concealed in the dark freedom I'd have never known.

I hear the creaking sound behind my back, and anytime from now I await the ending song to play. A terror slashes through my vein examining the creature.

The wyvern's eyes blaze like twin infernos. Pupils narrow to fiery slits, and the irises glow with molten intensity. They pierce through the veil of reality, revealing the depths of its rage. Smoke curls from flared nostrils, a prelude to the tempest within. The air vibrates with the heat of its breath, and the scent of burning wood and scorched earth hangs heavy. The wyvern's maw gapes wide, revealing rows of serrated teeth. Each fang is a dagger, honed by centuries of wrathful hunger. Droplets of venomous saliva drip, sizzling as they touch the ground. Its scales, once vibrant and iridescent, now darken with anger. They ripple as muscles tense beneath, reflecting the crimson glow of its inner fire. When it moves, they scrape against one another, creating a sound like distant thunder.

I find myself on unfamiliar terrain, absorbing every detail as a sense of numbness envelops me, embracing me in its soothing embrace as I drift into a tranquil sleep amidst the soft melodies. A terrifyingly sweet tranquility holding on like a fragile child's heart. 

I remained motionless as the creature leaned in and sank its fangs into me, I saw blood. A mahogany liquid once more. Once more. Once more. Once more. Still, I make no attempt to flee. No attempt to resist. I simply do nothing at all. I desire it to end me. To disintegrate every evidence of my fresh corpse. I feel being thrown, much like the worn-out sweater left in an unfamiliar field, holding so much memories but too hollow to be cared for anymore. My longing to close my eyes is strong, yet they are transfixed on the vast expanse above, taking in the emptiness that resides within. So many rumours of how a sequence of memories overshadow during your last breath, I try to recall all the things I should've, that in another lifetime I would've.... but the fragments of my disheveled yearns are blended into an ugly, ugly monster so hungry for vengeance. Though I yearn to shift my gaze, I am held still for countless hours until either time overtakes me or the abyss itself claims me entirely. I still look at the stars, and I finally saw it breaking and flashing wide across the unseen calamity.

-A.E.Afsha