❁|4|❁

Cedric walked up the grand marble staircase and into the Entrance Hall in the morning, as he realized that classes would be starting in an hour. He hurried into the Great Hall, where breakfast had just started. As he sat down at the Hufflepuff table next to Leo Moore, Leo made an ooooing sound that was quite annoying. 

"What?!" Cedric said. "I know I'm late." 

Leo grinned. "So, you left the dorm last night?" 

Cedric pulled the water goblet closer to him and took a sip. "Yes," He replied. He had an inkling about where this was going. 

"To do what?" 

"I'm not sure, I couldn't sleep," Cedric replied calmly. "Could you pass me the toast?" Leo passed Cedric the platter of toast, then said, "Stop trying to change the subject, Ced." 

"I'm not," Cedric said, smothering the butter all over the toast evenly. The fresh cushions of toast looked extremely delicious.

"You are too." Leo pointed out. "Stop lying, we all saw you and Madeline feel asleep on the same couch." 

"So? We were reading late into the night," Cedric said, a blush creeping on to his pale face. "And she prefers Maddie." 

Leo narrowed his brown eyes at Cedric, and took a sip of water, his eyes still narrowed at Cedric. Cedric felt his face turning red. He knew the Hufflepuff students would think that when they saw him and Maddie. But the truth was, he had no romantic feelings for her at all. He was her best friend. After all, he knew that she liked George Weasley, so once that truth got out, nobody would think anything of Maddie and him. 

                            ●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

Cedric was glad when potions finally started. After that embarrassing morning, he had to endure many comments. The worst was Maddie's best Hufflepuff friend, Alma Adams. She had shouted at Cedric in the entrance hall on  his way to Transfiguration, something about stealing her from their dormitory. 

He settled down in his usual Transfiguration seat next to Leo, and waited for Professor McGonagall to enter the classroom. He looked around and saw Maddie sitting in the front of the class, next to Alma Adams. Maddie was slouched over her desk, which meant she was tired. It appeared Alma had woken her up right before class started. 

'Did you hear that rumour?" Leo said dreamily to Cedric, twirling his quill in his hand. "About Beauxbatons?" 

"No?" Cedric said. He had heard many rumours about Beauxbatons, none of them good. He hoped that Leo wouldn't be spreading more bad rumours about the other magical school.

"The girls there are apparently really beautiful," Leo said, his eyes closed. "And they have a Veela!" 

"What do you mean, really beautiful?" Cedric asked suspiciously. This wasn't sounding good.

"Y'know, better than the girls here," Leo said, now looking dejected. "And the only few who are beautiful rejected me." 

"I'm sure that all the girls here are beautiful," Cedric said, choosing his words carefully. "And who did you ask?" 

"Cho Chang," Leo said. "Valeria Cooper," 

Cedric groaned. "Not Val." 

"Oh, right I forgot she's your cousin." Leo said with a smirk. 

"And of course Cho rejected you," Cedric said. "Did you see her and Roger Davies?" 

"Duh." Leo replied. "So I guess it leaves us down to Valeria. I'm going to ask her again!" 

"No, please don't, Leo." Cedric said. "Val is already fed up with you." 

"No she's not! Valeria loves me!" Leo said enthusiastically. Cedric rolled his eyes. "Then why did she reject you?" 

Leo frowned. "I'm not sure. Maybe she loves talking to me." 

Cedric wanted to slap his forehead at Leo's cluelessness. Then Professor McGonagall walked in. "Please hand in your two feet piece of parchment that I gave you for homework last class and put it on my desk," 

Cedric held out his hand for Leo's parchment, and then took the two rolls up to her desk. Professor McGonagall then said to him, "Diggory, meet me after class." 

Cedric gulped. Was he in trouble? What had he done? Did he not complete the two rolls of parchment correctly? 

Cedric sat back down, extremely worried, and Leo didn't help by saying, "Cedric Amos Diggory, in trouble? That's a first." 

                                    ●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘●∘◦❀◦∘

"You wanted to see me, Professor?" 

Cedric fidgeted nervously as he stood on the other side of Professor McGonagall's desk. She looked over her spectacles and peered at him. 

"I see you have expressed desire to join the Triwizard Tournament." 

 "Uh-" Cedric was confused. "Yes, but, I swear, I'm seventeen-" 

"Professor Sprout received multiple letters from your parents talking about how they think that you should definitely join." 

"Uhm, okay, but why did you have to talk to me about it?" Cedric asked. 

"Your parents are trying to get all of your professors to teach you specific seventh year work to prepare you," Professor McGonagall said sternly. "And we replied to them that isn't possible," 

"Then why are we talking?" Cedric asked once again, getting exasperated. Professor McGonagall slid open her drawer desk and handed him what looked like a hundred letters. 

"Your parents sent several letters to us advising what you should do to prepare, if we weren't willing to teach you harder work," Professor McGonagall said. "Since I am your first class, Professor Sprout decided that I shall give it to you to look at." 

Cedric tentatively took the letters, to find pages and pages of his father's handwriting, with the occasionally side note from his mother. He internally groaned as later, he would find himself pouring over the letters, taking notes and practicing spells. And knowing his parents, (or his father, really,) then he would have a long night ahead of him.

"Thank you, Professor," Cedric said. 

Professor McGonagall straightened a stack of papers by hitting them against the desk. "You are welcome, Diggory. Now get on with your day, Professor Snape doesn't wait long, if I recall correctly."

Cedric's eyes widened as he ran out of the classroom, clutching his papers and hoping that Professor Snape wouldn't take two hundred points off Hufflepuff because he was late by five minutes. 

Hi guys! Thanks for reading this chapter, it's really short lmao, especially seeing as I promised a longer chapter last week. It was fun to write from Cedric's POV for a change! Hoping for a better chapter next week, but don't count on it XD

Hope you enjoyed! 

- Isa