Chapter 19

*Sophie's pov*

Tom and I showered after our love making session and once dressed we snuggled up on the sofa.
"Did we really just got engaged?" I ask, still in disbelief looking at the ring on my finger
"We did love"
"How are we going to tell our parents that, I mean no one expected it..."
"Perhaps we can invite your and my family to dinner in a nice restaurant and tell them"
"Mhm sounds good, what about friends?"
"Some of them could come here an afternoon and the ones that live out of the country we could FaceTime them"
"Wonderful!"
"There is one thing though"
"What Tom?"
"If I remember correctly you always wanted a winter wedding"
"Yes, that still is my dream"
"Ok"
"I don't want to wait more than a year to marry the man I love"
"You are saying you want to get married in three or four months?"
"Yes"
"I...I can't wait!"
"You are good with it?"
"Yes, yes of course!"
"Good" I tell him bringing my lips on his, kissing him softly

For the rest of the day we tried to organize to tell our families and friends about our engagement as soon as possible.
It's now the beginning of October and luckily Tom still has three weeks before he needs to film so we settled a date for our families, which is this weekend and the week after to our friends.
"I think our mothers and sisters will freak out about the fact that we literally have three months to get everything ready" he says
"I know! Millie is going to slap me I'm sure"
"Do you ha a date in mind darling?" He asks as he cuts up some veggies for dinner
"I was thinking that it could be cool if we get married on December 31, what about you, any ideas?"
"I'm fine with everything you decide love, December 31 sounds cool"
"I've got an idea! Why don't we buy for each member of our families one of those little calendars and cross the date and draw rings or something?"
"My darling that is a very brilliant idea!" He says kissing me

~ the weekend ~

Tom and I just finished to get ready for the dinner. He chose the restaurant where we used to go sometime when we were kids, it has a secluded area so no one else will know about our secret and our families have known Frank, the owner, for years and years so we are safe.
I've got jeans and a cute sweater on with little makeup on my face while Tom has one of his blue shirts and pants.
"Are we ready to go love?"
"Yes, I'll get my purse"
"Wait you in the car"
"Ok!"
I check if I have everything and once I'm sure of it I walk out, lock his house door and get in the car.
The drive there is not too long but at this time of the day there is quite the traffic all around London.

"Hi!!!" We hear a few voices say as we get out of the car
It's our mums and sisters.
"Hi ladies!" Tom greets hugging all of them then moves to the boys.
When we are all sat at the table and chose what to eat we fall into easy conversation and so far no one asked why we are having this sudden dinner.
"This dish is so good" Tom says
"You always get that and every time you say the same thing" Sarah tells him "you could change it"
"Why should I, I love it so much!"

At the end of the night, while we waited for our desserts, after glancing at each other, Tom and I started to place in front of everyone the little cards, they have to unfold the to find out what it says.
"What are these?"
"It's a surprise for all of you" I say
"On the count of three you have to open them" Tom says
"Ok..."
"One, two, three!" Tom and I say

Their eyes meet with this

(I know it doesn't look good but I didn't know what else to do

(I know it doesn't look good but I didn't know what else to do...)

"What? What does it mean?" Steven asks
"No, no way!" Millie almost screams
"What?" Nick says
"My god, yay! Would you boys just really look at it, there's a ring around the 31" Emma says
Sarah, our mothers and my father are all smiling and have little tears in their eyes
"Oh shit you are getting married!" Nick says finally
"Words Nick!" My dad says
"Sorry...,congratulations!"
We get hugs and kisses and once everyone calmed down we explained how things went.
Our families were so happy but the ladies, just as predicted, frowned a bit when we told them the wedding is only three or four months away.