𝖎𝖛. ❛ SUCH ODDS IN YOUR FAVOR ❜

our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt.

_______________

_______________

   ADMITTEDLY, THIS WAS far more difficult than (y/n) had first anticipated. Such a task required a careful dance with a calculative opponent who seemingly had the upper hand in this exchange. Stubbornness was one thing but she needed to be deliberate if she wanted to come out victorious. As it wasn't a question of whether or not (y/n) can win over the elites of her household but rather if she could win over Kamisato Ayato as her spouse. With such a powerful man by her side, they would have less qualms about her becoming the next Head of the Hiiragi Clan.

But how does one simply win over the Kamisato Ayato?

Gods if (y/n) knew— she wouldn't be in such a predicament now, would she?

Chisato realized that perhaps this was a more difficult task than both her and her half-sister had anticipated. After all, she rarely partakes in any engagement with the upper class elites. Rather, she preferred to spend her time all across Inazuma, doing whatever work came as result of sloppy efforts by her uncles. (y/n) eventually made a name for herself beyond the scope of Inazuma City and Ritou; being a voice of reason for small villages less fortunate than others.

Naturally, diplomatic work also came as a result of being a member of the Kanjou Commission— more specifically, the integration of commerce and immigration. Though she was often handed the short end of the stick as most of her authority had been reduced to 'Overseer of Commerce and Immigration', a role that barely had any true hands-on action. But even so, she took her work as seriously as possible and with a temper and attitude like hers— well, it could be said that the heir presumptive of the Hiiragi Clan wasn't exactly the most friendly and approachable individual.

Knowing all of this, Chisato decided to step in and play her role as the Eros of this match-making theatric. She owed that much to her sister, at the very least.

"Sister, you're pursuing Lord Ayato as your potential suitor, yes?" Straightforward, Chisato has always been one to skip right past the pleasantries to the most important subject at hand. Most would say that is her best quality but at times, it can also be said that her methodology was a bit crude at times— lacking professional in the dissection of a problem.

Though (y/n) was used to her sister's teasing and occasional mischief. So when Chisato asked if she was pursuing Kamisato Ayato, she was well aware of where the conversation was headed towards. Unlike what many perceived Chisato's character to be, her sister was a lot wiser than what most anticipated. It was an aspect of generalized social acceptance that (y/n) despised deeply. One rooted in misogyny and preconceived notions of social roles.

"Pursuit wouldn't exactly describe what our little game is but more or less, yes. The Yashiro Commissioner has certainly intrigued me." She responded with a smile as the two enjoyed their quietude by the karesansui garden. Such is the majesty of serene white sand over grey pebbles. Only leaves of crimson maple that rested upon the grey of the stone garden sundered such serenity.