chapter 8 | Unexpected Guest.

(above is there bikinis in order.)

MALIA POV:

Kade is here.

In Italy, with his entire family.

With a massive smirk on his face, no doubt laughing to himself at my expression right now. Since I probably look like I just saw roadkill. Rhea shakes my shoulder, telling me with her eyes to ignore him.

Easier said than done.

The tense atmosphere soon breaks when Dante's wife smiles sweetly at all the families, throwing her hands in the air as she says, "Hey y'all!"

Caroline, the wife, was from the country. And I mean Oklahoma type of country. Most of us, including me, were shocked that Dante even considered marrying an American, as most of his wives were Europeans.

Caroline walks with a pep in her steps as she stops by my mom, shaking her from her thoughts. My mom clears her throat as she stands, enveloping her in a warm hug as she gives a nervous smile.

"It's lovely to see you, Caroline." My mom says, her chin held high as she stands straight up. My mom was never fazed by the dominance of the Eros, mostly because she was close friends with Kade's mother when they were younger.

It was unusual that a family from The Kings and a family from The Bishops talked to each other, but gradually people started to accept it.

See The Bishops, which my family is a part of, and The Kings used to have drama. When my grandpa-Adonis Elliot-ran The Bishops, his wife fell in love with the head of The Kings-Stefan Petrova.

This scandal started a war between the two groups, creating unnecessary drama. Even now, the Eros family gave us a look of distaste when they walked in.

But, years later, when my mom and Kade's mom met, the families had promised each other that no harm would come to them from the other-creating a peace treaty of sorts.

But that still didn't stop the Eros family from giving us dirty looks all the time. At this point, it was pathetic.

Caroline smiles gingerly, "I'm so glad you invited us to Italy!" she chirps.

What the fuck?

I turn to my mom, feeling eyes on the back of my head as I stare up at her with wide eyes. She turns to me quickly, giving me a sad smile. Rolling my eyes, I turn toward the rest of the Eros family. As my eyes roam around them, I catch Kade looking at my body. His jaw clenched painfully as he took in my legs. I glare at him, turning around in my seat so he can't see my legs anymore.

His eyes lighten from their dark color, ignoring me now as he walks toward his dad. Whispering something in his ear that seems to anger Dante, but he wouldn't do anything to Kade now.

Kade had grown up to be a huge man, taller than his dad at 6'5. He could quickly put his dad on the ground in two seconds, so Dante only glares at his son before walking up to my mom and Caroline.

My shoulders were tense as he walked up, anxiety soaring through my veins with him next to my mom. But my mom only stands up straighter, giving him a grin.

"Hera," Dante mutters, giving my mom a slight nod. He had never had any problems with my mom; when Kade's mother was still alive, he and my mom were good friends. But that all changed when Elena died.

He had completely shut out the world, including my mom. No matter how many letters she had written to him, he still had a wall around him.

"Dante." My mother says, a look passing through them as she gives him a sad smile. She quickly sighs, putting on a big smile as she starts to greet the rest of the family.