Chapter 2 {1 of 2}

George shook where he sat, looking up at the man with glassy eyes. Thomas still sat directly before him, his head down, breaths shallow. A million thoughts raced through his mind. Truth be told, he was still trying to process everything that had just happened while he was in his... state. And now Benedict throws this at him?

The cold air of the room chilled him to the bone, his near-nakedness didn't help either. He wanted to look at Thomas and gaze at his reaction to the demonic man's words. Tom was the only person who was going through this situation with him. And, of course, he was his best friend. He always looked to him when they were in a situation he thought they couldn't get out of.

Well, he had been George's best friend. George honestly wondered if Thomas had even wanted to look at him after today. He guessed Benedict would get what he wanted, their friendship would be forever stained.

"You're processing it all, I understand. It is quite a bit to take in." Benedict went on, his face expressionless despite the levity of his words.

"Benedict-" George started, choosing his words carefully. "I-I don't understand... We did what you asked of us. And now you want us to... do that?"

"I do, dear George. It's only fair."

"Fair?" Thomas questioned softly, finally breaking his silence, but keeping his eyes on the floor. "How is any of this supposed to be fair?"

Benedict tilted his head in interest, staring directly at the boy in his vulnerable state. "Oh goodness, do I really need to re-explain myself? All it will do is prolong our little game... Although, you have seemed to enjoy it so far, maybe you want this to go on?"

Thomas gave a groan of disgust, holding his arms tighter across his exposed chest.

"Please..." He pleaded under his breath, head still low. All eyes in the room landed on his sullen form. "Please... show mercy..."

"Stupid boy. Can't you see? I already have. You've been quite lucky so far, if I do say so myself."

George thought hard, trying to think of anything that could help them. An idea came to mind, and he tried hard not to let his anger get the best of him, knowing that talking back with his usual wit would only upset the general further, he was quiet when he spoke on. "So, you want us to go all the way?"

"This is the last time I'm going to repeat myself, George."

"How?" George was quick to ask.

Benedict rolled his eyes. "George, you're 60 years old, correct? Do I seriously need to explain to you how-"

"No-no!" George cut him off, "I mean, how am I supposed to be able to do that?! I already..." His voice trailed off at the end of his statement, too embarrassed to continue. He studied the floor between him and Benedict with a petrified expression.

Benedict seemed to understand, giving an airy chuckle when he realized what the man was referring to. "Poor dear George, you aren't as observant as you claim to be, are you?"

George looked back to the general, confusion lining his features.

Benedict continued. "I think you need to study your... situation a little closer."