First Petal

She loves him.

🌹

A despicable man.

A manifestation of all the worldly sins in a single body.

That was Lilia Belle's first impression of Khun Eduan.

And it didn't change as they climbed the Tower together.

Every night she prayed to the gods that his lustful eyes would never befall upon her.

But the gods never seemed to like her from the very start.

The beauty she once became so proud of became her downfall.

Doomed to become the victim of the persistence of an unfaithful man.

But at that point can one even call him unfaithful anymore?

For centuries he woos her with sweet empty words that eventually came to mean everything to him.

For centuries his wandering eyes no longer wander, but fall onto a single woman each and every time.

And for centuries, the very woman would try to push him away, which only brings him closer and closer.

Khun Eduan became a changed man.

That was what Lilia Belle came to believe.

She came to believe that he would never stop, if she accepted his sweet words like treasure.

She came to believe that he would stay, if she promised she would too.

And she came to believe that once she no longer pushed him away, he would never let her go.

But we all know what happened after that.

The two were torn apart before they could even label themselves as lovers.

Now only one of them was left to wonder if their promises are still kept, vulnerable from the walls she let down.

And that was all she could do.

Just wonder.

It took her centuries to admit it, but:

While he fell first, she fell harder.

Sequel: Ending Scene - Coming soon