Second Petal

She loves him not.

🥀🥀

"Pardon me... I think I might have misheard."

"I'm sure you can hear just fine, dear Lilia," Gustang smiled.

The term of endearment only ticked the woman off even more as she lunged forward and grabbed the man by the collar. The impact caused him to fall back in his seat, the glass of champagne forgotten and shattered on the floor.

Yet Gustang's amused smile did not falter.

"You bastard... you knew this whole time didn't you?"

"I don't know what you mean."

"You knew I'd have to see him again. You knew the moment you saw me on the Floor of Death."

"How dare you accuse me of such thing. I would never wish ill upon an old friend."

Lilia sighed as she let go of his collar. "That's all you know how to do huh? Build lies upon lies like it's nothing."

"So do you wish to take my help or not?"

"... What kind of help are you offering?"

A part of Lilia felt stupid for asking that question. She knew Gustang would take this chance to put her in the most uncomfortable position humanly possible-

"I am willing to send you to the Khun's floating castle located within the outer tower with the help of my authority as one of the Family Leaders."

As Lilia was saying, Gustang is made of nothing but pure evil.

And as much as she hate to admit it, it was the best shot she had of getting her pin back.

Venturing into Khun Eduan's precious treasure house is a dangerous feat. She'd rather not put anyone at risk.

"Fine... I'll go."

"Alright then. If you want, I can pass along your farewells to your companions once they get to the last station-"

"Thank you for the offer, Gustang. But there is no need for that."

"Oh?" The Po Bidau family mused as he arched a brow.

"I'll be back to tell them myself."

"You are suggesting that you plan to come back down once you achieved your goal? You actually plan to waste time on those bugs?"

Lilia huffed as she looked down from the window of the room. "Call them bugs, again, Gustang dear. Then I'll make sure you meet the same faith as one."

She smiled as she looked at the man.

"Besides, not only do I have to bring Bam to Jahad, I also have to teach Aguero swordsmanship. Promises upon promises. And I plan to keep them all."

"Yet to failed to keep the one that mattered the most."

"Well, it's not like he kept his end of the promise either. We're both equally scum."

***

The Tower always favored the powerful. So it was no surprising that Lilia was able to ascend without needing to complete the levels.

With the help of Gustang, Lilia was able to freely move out of the inner Tower and towards the resident of the Khun Family in the outer.

"Hmm... I would say it's bigger than I thought but in the end it is just as what I imagined it to be," Lilia muttered under her breath as she stared at the floating palace that is known as the main residence of the Khun family head. "Grandiose and unnecessary, just like its owner."