#1

(TW: Swearing)

3rd person POV:

It was a Thursday afternoon...5:38 PM, you just got home from work, wobbling your way, taking off your shoes and exhaustingly slumping over your couch, tossing your sling bag on the floor. 

Work, you may ask? Yes, in this one hell of a book, you had a job as a waiter in a very busy restaurant...key word: 'had'. 

To put it simply, you were just fired.

Well, that sucks. After finally getting over some of your anxiety in communication and securing a job in the past two months as a waiter, you were expected to be attentive, serving orders and cleaning every corner of the restaurant left and right...well, you did your very best at what they assigned you to. Imagining yourself putting up with that hellish fulltime job every single day for two months straight, only to be fired after accidentally spilling soup on a seemingly rich and "important" man. You don't even know how or why he was labeled important, being just the restaurant owner's friend. The only thing you knew about that man was him being such a huge asshole.

You sighed exasperatedly, shifting to a comfortable position on the couch as you lay there, still visibly frustrated from what happened, you didn't want to think about that any further, what's done is done. You got fired, it's no big deal right? 

Well of course it is, you just lost your only job.

Or maybe you were just being a huge klutz. You didn't know whether if it would be best to blame that man or yourself. You felt the cold floor below your feet as you stand up from the realization that you were hungry, leisurely making your way to the kitchenette, not so far from your living room.

You finally halt in front of the fridge with a small yawn, opening it and seeing...nothing to eat inside. Not even a cup of pudding, there were only a few vegetables and condiment packets. That was clearly an obvious and good sign to go to the store. 

Great. You thought to yourself, sighing. 

You were still wearing your work uniform, minus the black apron and tie so you didn't have to dress into some casual clothing, but besides that, you were lazy so why not? You then slowly gave yourself another weak yet encouraging smile, getting yourself together as you walked towards your sling bag, grabbing your wallet inside and checking it.

Even after getting fired from your job, you were sure that you could find another one soon enough. With encouragement, enough motivation....as long as you stay positive during these current issues and regain your composure there was nothing to be worried abou--

Aaaaaand your wallet's almost out. Well fuck.

There were only 260 yen inside, encouraging yourself even further isn't gonna bring you money, well technically but not basically. You start to head outside your apartment, grabbing your sling bag as you put back your almost drained wallet inside. Despite all these, you were calm...not because of reassuring yourself that things will get better soon, you were calm because you had enough money to buy one cup of noodles.

-TIme-Skip-

You were on your way towards the store now, aside from the current struggle you're experiencing, it's been quite relaxing seeing the river side shine with the sunset...To think that it's been a while since your last walk by the riverside, you were used to disregarding it not so long ago after finding a job, you didn't want to worry your last co-workers from being late so you had no other choice but to ignore such a peaceful and endearing sight.

You sighed, well at least now you can finally admire the river beside you. Looking at it in awe, with it's gentle flow and peaceful surroundings, a mix of orange and yellow reflecting on the clear waters from the sunset and a pair of legs sticking out and floating adrift as the strong current drags it along...