Part 3

When Obi-Wan settled, he moved away from the girls, excusing himself as he had suddenly felt the urge to meditate.

"Your hair is long. Doesn't it go everywhere?" Leia asked Asana, coming to sit by her.

"Yes, I suppose it does." Asana responded, but her mind was partially elsewhere. The energy she felt from Obi-Wan was enough to cause her the slightest of anxiety. She had never seen him so shocked or stumped. He had opened himself up to the force, his connection was healing and she knew this was dangerous for both of them.

"Can I do your hair?" Leia asked, pulling out some rubberbands from her pocket. "I found them in a crate."

"Aiya, Leia, did you open a crate?" Asana asked standing, and pulling Leia off of the ground by her hand.

"No. The crate was already opened." The child reassured Asana with an innocent smile. She glanced over to Kenobi, pondering.

"Okay, fine." She then said, coming to sit by the child. Leia stood behind her, which gave her perfect access to her hair. The princess then began raking her fingers through Asana's hair to remove any large knots.

"You have long curtain bangs. I'll leave those out for the final product." Leia said, pulling Asana's hair back behind her shoulders. She could hear the slight excitement in Leia's voice as she spoke, this must've meant a lot to her.

It took the child a long time to get started, but when she did, she worked efficiently. She first tied Asana's hair back into a ponytail, then taking small sections at a time and twisting them. To keep them still she then tucked the end of the twist back into the original hair tie. After some tinkering with her hair, the twists formed a sort of bun, and Asana's curtains were left out the front of her hair.

"I am amazing." Leia spoke once she had finished. Asana turned her head, and Leia immediately gasped.

"No wait. Let me assess the front first." The girl said, turning Asana's head back to the front and running around to see.

"You're very pretty." The Princess beamed, assessing the finished product of her work.

"Thank you, Princess." Asana said, reaching forward and pinching the little girls cheek. She giggled softly, and it seemed as though Obi-Wan had finally finished his meditation.

"Look Ben, I did her hair." Leia said, reaching forward and making Asana move her head side to side.

"Very good, Leia." He said, eyes meeting Asana. She looked back at the girl before standing and coming to Ben.

"Did you find the proper space to meditate?" Asana asked, and Obi-Wan shook his head.

"It's been a struggle." He admitted, looking down at the ground.

"If you can't reach out don't force it. Dark things can sense your broken connection to the force. It can exploit you." She advised, keeping her tone low so Leia couldn't hear them. Obi-Wan looked at the woman, surprised that she was advising him, a Jedi Master.

"You speak of this like you know." Ben replied, a small hint of amusement in his tone.

"You think because I wasn't raised in a fancy temple on Coruscant, that I'm not as wise as you." She responded, tilting her head at him with a small smirk. "I'd argue the opposite."

"Right, because I remember at the start of this, you saying you wanted to take on the Empire yourself." Ben said sassily, and Asana chuckled.

"It's called a tough front, Obi-Wan." She said, leaning close and patting his shoulder. He looked down at her hand then back up at her. "Never let them know what you're really thinking." Asana smirked at him. She was the one to pull apart from their closeness, heading over towards where Obi-Wan had been meditating previously.