1

Opal was marked off by the guards and told to sit in the red velvet seats. “NEXT!” She heard as she walked away. Nobody has ever liked her, her whole life entire life. The only reason her egg wasn't smashed was because she was related to the queen and the queen let it slide. She was a Bat-wing Arachnid-wing hybrid, which are seen as a disgrace and eggs usually smashed. She sat down in the first row where her first class army sat. She didn't want to be in the army, she was forced to.

The Arachnids in the first row gave her a strange glare. Her only friend was Widow a male Arachnid which was her cousin. However I know I have more knowledge then most, once when I was younger I was wandering in deep old caves that have not been touched in ages. When I found an old history book, there were different dragons and the caves looked weird. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a history book though, it looked like a tablet someone would write except it was the gold white sheet.

Then she heard the names. The dragons that despised her most, Neoscona and Metellina. However they can't go bother her as she is in the first class of the army why they are in the fourth class army. I'm pretty sure they're jealous, apparently my poison is stronger than the queen. This meeting was simply just a head count for new recruits. Opal tried not to focus on their eyes burning the back of her head, what if they were looking at me? Opal quickly looked back to notice them just talking, not talking about her or looking at her. That's when she remembered, being rude to first class army members was punishable by death. Which explained why they haven't talked about her or came over to her, they were scared of me. After all the years of being tormented by them they can't even speak to me without being frightened.

Opal would quickly grab a silk handkerchief out of her bag and wipe the poison dripping out of her mouth. That was one of the downsides of being a poison mouth, poison dripped from every silk dispenser and your mouth. Opal continued cleaning herself until the poison stopped dripping. When she looked behind her she noticed the check list people closing the entrance. Then she heard a loud voice boom from behind her. It was Queen Phoneutria’s voice “Hello there peasants.” I noticed other people bowing so I bowed to. “Like always we will be honoring our new first class with them getting their piercings.” I instantly froze in fear, it felt like everyone was staring at me? The whole army was over 5000.

“Now I’d like Opal and Lycosidae to walk up here.” Now I was pretty sure everyone was staring at me. Their eyes felt like they were lasers, I slowly got up and crept on to the stage. It felt like my blood was replaced with a feeling of fright. “First I’d like to congratulate Lycosidae for being in our army for years.” Then Queen Butterfly walked on the stage? Queen Butterfly both our queens here? I was going to humiliate myself, I could tell. “To congratulate you we will be giving you the bat badge showing you are first class.” I've never actually heard her voice before, for such a cruel queen she had such a sweet buttery voice. They pierced their wings and put it on them.

“Secondly Opal,” I froze, I could see everyone staring at me. Some people were chuckling, some people were trying to hold in their laughs. I took a deep breath and walked up to her, “For over 10 years we haven't had a new poison mouth, a poison as strong as mine, I will be giving you the first class piercing of the spiders and poison piercing.” Queen Butterfly followed shortly after “And I'll give you the bat piercing.” The piercer person made a total of 12 holes in my wings then put the badge on. It felt as sharp daggers were breaking my wings, I don't think I'll be able to fly. How was anybody in the army able to fly?

 After I stood to the side with the other dragon, Queen Butterfly started speaking again. “As most know these amplify your powers, enchanted by the crystals.” Queen Phoneutria said “The spider badge allows you to be more flexible, it also makes your poison double.” Queen butterfly quickly said “However it doesn't make you a poisonous mouth, you can't make the acidic poison silk.” “As I was saying” Queen Phoneutria said “The bat badge amplifies your strength as bat wings' front limbs aren't that strong. And the poison mouth badge makes your silk twice as acidic, however for all of you there just teleporting devices. You can get your badges at the stamping places outside.” Queen butterfly said “You are now released.”