~ 2 ~

C H A P T E R 2
Sorting Ceremony

"why would Hagrid give us this ticket? I don't even think platform 9 and 3/4 is real!"
Harry and I stood hopelessly at kings cross station, confused as to how we are supposed to get on the train to hogwarts, like Hagrid instructed we do.

"it's the same every year, packed with muggles."
Harry turned to look at me, I was already looking at him. Hagrid had briefly mentioned to us that the term "muggle" meant non-magic folk.
"Platform 9 3/4 this way!" The stubby, red headed lady continued.
"Come on Harry!"

We both ran over to the unusually large group of red heads, I thought red hair was meant to be rare, I guess not.

"Uhh excuse me?" The stubby woman turned to face Harry and I at my question. Her cheeks were a light shade of pink and a few freckles decorated her nose bridge.

"could you tell us how to get on the, you know the-" Due to our anxiousness, the woman's face grew an amused smile, "you want to know how to get onto the platform? yes, it's ron's first time as well."

The woman pointed to a boy who I assumed to be her son, Ron. He gave Harry and I a polite nod.

"No matter dears, you've just got to run in between platforms 9 and 10. Best do it in a bit of a run if your nervous."

"good luck," said another redhead surprise surprise "Thank you." I replied before doing as the woman told me. The nerves began to kick in but, nonetheless, I ran towards the wall. I closed my eyes and held my breath, expecting the worst but as I reopened my eyes I noticed the massive red and black train in front of me. wicked.

Harry followed in after me. Although we aren't the best of friends, we're still civil to one another. We both boarded the train and Harry sat in an empty compartment, I, however, decided to politely decline his request to sit with him and went in search of my own compartment.

Whilst still on my search, I bumped into someone causing me to fall to the ground. "Hey! watch where your going!"
I looked up at the person I had bumped into. He had blonde, slicked back hair and icy blue-grey eyes.
"sorry," I mumbled. He reached out his hand to help me up, I cautiously accepted it.

"Im Malfoy, Draco Malfoy. I would say it's nice to meet you but i'd be lying."
I scoffed, who does this boy think he is? "Ok, casper (get it? because he's pale and has extremely blonde, almost white hair! i'm so funny), calm down. I obviously didn't bump into you on purpose." I said whilst dusting off my robes. "Why you little-"
But before he could continue, a girl with a short black bob and chocolate-brown eyes cut in.

"Again Draco? Why do you feel the need to abuse everyone you meet?" She added "I'm pansy by the way, pansy parkinson," She stuck out her hand, expecting me to shake it. I accepted and introduced myself. "I'm Jennifer Dursley, but you can call me Jen."

"Oh come on Pansy, I don't recognise that name. She's clearly a pathetic mudblood."

A mudblood? I thought. I decided that I would ask Pansy about it later, before turning my attention back to pansy and- draco, I think that was his name. pfft

"Not all of us are prejudice like you Draco, Come on Jen, you can sit with us."

The black haired young girl led me to a compartment consisting of one other girl.

"Who's this Pansy?"

"This, Daphne, is Jennifer Dursley. I found her with Malfoy."

The girl introduced herself as Daphne Greengrass. Her and Pansy told me how their parents have made them hang out since birth, along with many others.