Part 7: The First Kiss

Section II: Darjeeling Diaries 

Part 7: The First Kiss

Friday, 23rd July, 1993

It was the month of July- the month of monsoon, and rains were expected every now and then. Darjeeling was really a lover's paradise, Sameer and Naina felt. While there, they often went out for evening walks to enjoy the cool breeze and the slight drizzles. The lush greenery of the Himalayas would be soaking wet in the monsoon rain and it was a sight to behold.

It was the concluding evening of the literature festival. They had to board their train the next morning. It had been an exciting event- an enjoyable experience for them both. Apart from having delivered excellent speeches, they had thoroughly enjoyed romancing in the rain-drenched Queen of Hills. The final evening too as usual, Sameer and Naina had decided to walk back to their hostels.

Sameer had donned a black blazer with a white shirt and black trousers. He had also put on the maroon tie that Naina had gifted him on his eighteenth birthday. Today morning as he was getting late, as usual he found it difficult to put on his tie. He always had some help, either from his mother, or from hostel friends, or from Munna-Pandit, or from Nanu. He came out of his room, fumbling with the tie, when a pair of hands with slender fingers, adorned with a bright red nail polish, took hold of the tie from his hands. Sameer instantly looked up at the breathtakingly beautiful young woman, clad in the red sari that he'd chosen for her during her sister's wedding. It was as if he forgot to breathe for a while. That simple printed silk sari, with the short sleeved blouse contrasted with her fair, supple skin. Her straight, long hair seemed to be dancing with the morning breeze and would often touch Sameer's cheeks, while Naina tried to fix his tie. He noticed that Naina was also wearing a bright red lipstick today. And then Sameer drifted off to a dreamland altogether, where she was in his arms, being passionately kissed by him.

Naina being a simple girl, was hardly into make-up and Sameer never minded that at all. He loved her for who she was and liked to see her the way she was comfortable. He really appreciated her simplicity. Well, though she did look hot when she lined her eyes with kajal. He'd told her he loved her eyes the best. And when Naina had asked why, he had replied cheekily, "kyunki inme dekhte hi, main tum mein kho jata hun."

Since that day, Naina had made it a habit to put kajal every morning for Sameer. And then there were times, like today, when the simple Naina would transform into a siren, and then Sameer will be bowled over all again by her beauty.

She was looking taller than usual today, Sameer observed and as he spotted the heels, he smiled. He remembered the first time Naina had worn heels for their date in Mt. Abu- yeah the mandir date. How innocent they both had been then! But now Naina could carry those three inches with perfection!

As Naina moved a lock of her hair behind her ear, Sameer exclaimed, "Naina, yeh to wahi jhumke hain na-"

"- jo tumne mujhe Mt. Abu me diye the," she finished, both the sentence and fixing his tie.

Sameer blushed and looked down at the tie lovingly and then back at her beaming face. He noticed that she'd worn her usual watch on one hand, and the other had a couple of matching bangles. He grabbed her hand on instinct and pulled her closer to him. His fingers moved over her gracile arm and caressed her red and golden bangles, while his eyes were fixed onto Naina's.

"Kitni sureeli aawaaz hai tumhari choodiyon ki," said he as he closed his eyes and kissed the clinking bangles.

Naina lowered her eyes bashfully. Sameer looked at her again and then placed her hand on his chest, "dekho mera dil kaise tezi se dhak dhak kar raha hai. Agar mujhe abhi heart attack aa gaya na to kasoor tumhara hoga. Itni hot dikhogi to ye dil bechara kya karega? Kaise rokega khud ko?".

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Jun 04, 2022 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Sameer sang Nainaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें