Chapter Three: Breakup

Kion sighed as he opened the door to his home. "Hey, Rani, I'm here!" He yelled, his voice echoing down the halls. He opened the door to his bedroom and looked inside. 

Rani was lying on the bed writing in a journal covered in stars and diamonds. "Hey, Kion. Can we talk?" She sounded different than she usually did. She closed her notebook and sat up. 

"Uh, sure?" Kion said,  a bit unsure. 

"Kion. I like you, I really do, but I think we need to go back to being friends." She said calmly. Kion stared at her in horror. 

"B-but!...." He couldn't find the words to express his feelings. Rank leaned in and hugged him before getting up. She looked at him one last time. 

"Sorry, Kion," she said before she walked out the door. 

Kion fell to the ground and cried for a while. Then he put on on a slow sad song before sobbing and crying some more. 

He sat up slowly, wiping the tears off his face. He sniffled calmly. He had to talk to the rest of his friends about this. He pulled out his phone and looked at their messages. 

Jasiri: Hey, Kion. I'm sorry, but we can't hang out anymore. 

Baliyo: Same here, man. 

Madoa: Yeah, yo. Sorry. 

Kion stared at them in horror and astonishment. What the hell? Why was everyone leaving him all of a sudden? 

He dropped his phone to the ground. It seemed to fall in slow motion. He stared at it as its trajectory carried it all the way down to the carpeted floor. 

THUD. 

The phone hit the ground, and time seemed to speed back up. Kion leaned down and carefully picked up the phone. Fortunately for him, his phone didn't seem to have been injured in the dropping, and the casing had born the brunt of the hit. He sighed and slowly set it back down onto his bed. He looked all around the room.

The people on the walls seemed to stare and laugh at him, happy and full of joy and pleasure at his pain and suffering. He growled. Two of the people started climbing out of their pictures and circled him, laughing even more, harder and harder.

"No! This isn't goddamn real!" Kion yelled, grabbing his head with his hands and shaking. When the room finally stopped moving and blurring, Kion looked up again and saw that the people were still in there pictures. But those pictures now scared him slightly, the famous historians and runners and athletes. He snarled, and reached up and tore them down, one by one. He angrily dropped them into the trash. He then picked up the trash and threw everything inside into the dumpster. 

He stomped angrily back up to his room, growling and snarling before falling onto the bed and looking at his phone. No new messages from Rani, Baliyo, Madoa, or Jasiri. Nothing. He groaned. He had always felt like an outcast in the circle of popular kids, what with Rani and Madoa being the stars of the volleyball team, their two most valuable players. Baliyo was the leader of the basketball and soccer teams. He played with his friend, Surak, on the weekends and sometimes on the afternoons of the weekdays. And Jasiri was the best actress and singer the school had, with Kiara and her friend circle coming in right after them. He sighed. He had always known that he was just an experiment, a pet project that the cool popular kids had worked on. He had known that they would eventually betray him, or could you even betray something that never existed in the first place? 

Kion cried, and screamed into his pillow. The world fucking hated him. And if all they saw was a gay freak and kid who liked depressing emo music, than by holy shit, why try to be anything else?! 

He sniffled and cried a bit more before going onto YouTube and finding some 'depressing songs for after a betrayal' and listening to them on repeat for hours at a time, until his parents got home.