Epilogue: Trials and New Beginnings

The trails lasted about three months. The three kids' mother, Zira, used Mob money and got them three very good lawyers but it wasn't enough. All three managed to plead insane, but only Kovu actually got sent to a mental institution, the Elizabethan Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane, or just Arkham Asylum for short. Vitani and Nuka however, we're sent to the nearest prison, Blackgate, near the edge of the Outlands. After about two weeks in prison, Nuka was shanked by another prisoner after the other guy learned his parents had been executed by Zira's right-hand man, the coyote con artist Antoine D'Coolette. Vitani was sent to juvenile prison as she was only seventeen whereas Nuka was eighteen. Mourning the loss of two respected members of their community and needing someone, Mayor Meya Gozi was run out of office and replaced by Simba, with help from Nala. Rani was adopted by her grandmother, Janna, but Janna didn't want Rani's two adopted siblings, Kiara and Kopa. 

In both a gesture of goodwill and a want to boost their popularity, Simba and Nala adopted the two of them. Kion then became the youngest sibling of a trio of children. He didn't like them and they didn't like him. He sat in front of the TV one day, watching the sentencing of Kovu and the others. 

"Don't worry, Kovu. I'm going to get you out of there." He growled. "If I have to kill every single one of them I will. I'll kill them all. One by one."