3

*No one's POV*

Nightmare felt so peaceful sleeping in the warm morning sun. At least, he did until Dream decided that just shaking him awake wasn't enough. He swore he had a soul attack when Dream jumped on him.

Dream had no sympathy as he gasped and tried to calm down from his scare. He glared at Dream as he giggled on the grass.

"That *gasp* was so *gasp* funny!" He giggled. Nightmare smiled as he got an idea. So, you want to play dirty? I'll give you something to giggle about.

Dream shrieked as Nightmare tackled him. His shriek turned into more giggles as Nightmare tickled his ribs.

"Noooo st-stop! Hahahaha st-st-stop i-it! Nighty! Ahahaha!" Dream's begging was in vain. Dream was no match for tickles.

He decided to return the favor and tickle Nightmare. Now both twins were giggling in the grass. The darker twin was still in the lead however and Dream surrendered.

They lay on the grass gasping for breath with a few stray giggles escaping every now and then. Then Dream noticed a cloud in the sky.

"Look Nighty! That cloud looks like an apple!"

Nightmare smiled. "You're right Dreamy! And look, that one's a tree!"

As they pointed out cool shapes in the clouds, Nim smiled. She may be trapped in a tree, but she still loves her little kids. They were the cutest things in the multiverse.

They got tired of looking at clouds and sat under the shade by their mom.

They soon fell asleep against each other.

*Time skip*

Loud sounds startled them awake.

"DREAM! DREAM! PLEASE WE NEED YOUR HELP!"

Dream looked annoyed.

"I already told you I wasn't coming to the village anymore."

"Dream please! The little Smith boy is badly hurt. He might not make it! If you help us, we promise we'll never bother you again."

Dream was worried now. The Smith boy was sweet but he was also very sickly. He looked at Nightmare. Nightmare nodded with a reassuring smile. 'I'll be fine. Go save him,' his smile seemed to say.

Dream smiled and nodded before looking back at the villagers.

"Where is he? Take me to him."

They rushed off in a hurry.

Nim frowned. She, unlike her children, could still feel emotions. The villagers were not worried. They were excited. She felt their smugness when Dream followed after them. Something was about to go very wrong. She wished she was able to talk to them. She rustled her leaves to communicate her anxiety.

Nightmare smiled up at his mom reassuringly.

"It's ok Mom. Dream is smart. He'll be back in no time and then the villagers will leave us alone. They promised!"

Nim could only cry in silence. 'Dream.... Please be careful.'

*Dream's POV*

I rushed after the villagers. If little Tommy died because we weren't fast enough, I would never forgive myself. Tommy was so sweet. He even snuck me and Nightmare a cookie once I said I wouldn't be coming back to the village. His mom still hasn't found out.

We rushed into his house and up the stairs to his room. I about tripped because I was going so fast. Luckily, a villager caught me.

I looked at them thankfully and kept running. I burst into Tommy's room and ran to his bed. I never noticed the click of the door locking.

I pulled the blankets back and-

Where was Tommy?

I froze. What? I looked at the villagers confused.

They were smiling. Not a kind smile, but a smile full of violence and smugness. I felt scared.

"W-what? W-where is Tommy? Why a-are you looking at me like that-t?"

I was so nervous I was stuttering.

The villagers smiled stretched even bigger.

"Oh Dreamy. You're so sweet and gullible. If you won't help us, we'll just have to use you another way."

...

Dream's eyelights went out. The villagers grabbed some rope. Dream summoned his staff. He wouldn't go down without a fight. They were so many of them against him....

...

Jonathan the elder smiled as he watched Dream struggle and scream. This was all going according to plan.

"Do you have the cage ready?"

...

Nim felt Dream's terror from the village and screamed silently with tears streaming down her face. What were they doing to her baby? She hoped those cursed mortals died painfully.

...

Nightmare read and waited for Dream to come back. He was taking longer than he thought he would. Poor little Tommy must've really been hurt. Hopefully he would be ok. The villagers better keep their promise.

[I'm sorry this has taken so long to get out. This chapter was very rude. It refused to be written but I finally did it. I hope you enjoyed! If you see any mistakes or have any advice, it would be welcome. Thank you all for your kindness. It means a lot ❤️]