Accept the Truth

Steve's POV:

Why would Robin just- run away like that? She's definitely hiding something, but I cant be 100% it's something bad.
I'll have to tell Nancy. I'm walking down the halls, trying to find Nancy before classes start when I run into Jonathan.

"Hey, have you seen Nancy?"
"I don't think she came today, why?"
"Robin. I told her why she didn't come and she ran away after telling me 'something came up, it was important. Tell Nancy.' Something like that." I looked down and looked back up at Jonathan with an idea. "Let's skip!"
"What?" "Lets. Skip! I don't want Nancy alone right now. She needs us." I tell him. He gives me a face of approval and we run out and start our cars.

We park in the street but not in front of her house. I knock in the door and Nancy answers, being the only one in the house. "What are you guys doing here??! You're suppose to be. In. School." "Yea but we came to check on you. And also Robin told me she didn't come because something urgent came up. After she said that she ran away."
Nancy looked down and let us enter. We went to her room and we all sat on the bed. "Nancy-" "Why am I even sad. We only met like, 3 months ago and we haven't been very close recently, I expected this." She said, small laughing.
Nancy went down stairs and grabbed her car keys. "Let's go somewhere, I don't want to be here. I don't want to think of her right now. " we stood up and left to Nancys car. "I heard Carol's throwing a party. Wanna go? " Nancy told us while driving. What? Who would want to hang out with them. Or even go to one of their parties? But, if Nancy wants to, then I guess we can go.
I don't want to tell her no right now. I looked at Jonathan and he looked at me. "Uhh sure. We can go. If you want to go. " "yea I wanna go." Nancy said.
I saw her pull up to the store Ms. Byers works at. "What are we doing here. "
"I need to buy tissues for when I cry later. " she said, chuckling. She heads out and leaves me and Jonathan inside the car. It's SOOO awkward because I like him and I don't know what to say when I'm alone with him anymore. Like my voice has an automatic turn off switch. I was about to start a conversation but I saw Jonathan go on his phone. 'fuck'. To not seem weird, I take out mine and just play games on it. Nancy hasn't come yet and I was starting to feel tired so I laid my head down on the car door. I rested my eyes and I went to sleep.

***

'How can someone be so cute when they sleep?' Jonathan thought while holding his chest dramatically. He stared at Steve sleeping. [Creepy] -what- [you heard me. OHHH, your, probably like 'who the hell is this'.. Well, I'm the one telling the story. I guess? It's like, you guys can't hear me unless I WANT you to hear me. I already introduced myself to Steve. And now it's you. If you tell anybody else they'll think you're crazy. It's like you're living in a world, that I control. But I also let you do some stuff free. You get me?] -ok what in the actual fuck. I think im just going crazy.-
[Wait Steve is waking up-]

Jonathan looked to his right and Steve was indeed waking up. "Hey." He said.
Steve smiled at him and yawned.
"I- uhh. I wanna ask you something. "
"Sure." "Did you ever like- ever hear. A voice. In your head..? " "uhh, depends. Are you talking about one that's like, saying things. Like 'I created this story' or something?" Steve said, mocking the voice. [I do NOT sound like that!]
"I- did you hear that. That voice in your head" "yea. Yea I did." Steve replied. [Do you believe me now??? Do you still think your going crazy, Jonathan?]

"Wait, let's just..ignore it." "Y-yea. We're probably going crazy together. Haha...."
[WAIT NOOOOO-]

WITH THAT..they started to ignore me. It was awkward after that but a minute later Nancy came back. "God, what took you so long? " "I was talking to Ms. Byers. Did you know that she has a boyfriend now?? His name is Bob. Aww, they look so cute together. Maybe you guys can find someone cute. Then you'll be cute together."