Chapter 12

Bang Chan's point of view
________________________________________________

Opening his eyes the next day, Chan's first thoughts were about Producer's Corner and the many questions that he had.

Though his first worry is about the meeting, his manager said he needs to plan. Again, there were many questions.

Grabbing his phone off his side table, he scrolls through the notifications he has. Eyes focusing on his manager's number, which, from the looks of it, contains details about the meeting.

-Manager: Hey Chan, I just got off the phone with JYP. He said he would gladly have a meeting with you concerning Producer's Corner. The meeting will be tomorrow at noon. -

He didn't think his manager was going to schedule a meeting so soon or so fast.

He would have figured his manager wanted him to focus on the new album and promotions.

Finally getting out of bed, Chan decides to skip his morning workout and go straight to showering and getting ready for the meeting.

After taking a quick shower and getting dressed, he gathers his things into his bag. He needed to eat at least something small, so he headed to the kitchen.

Turning around from the fridge, Chan flinches slightly and says, "Holy smokes. You scared me."

"Yeah, yeah," Hyunjin says, rolling his eyes. "Stop being so dramatic."

Hyunjin pushes Chan out of the way and grabs something from the fridge.

Turning around to face Chan, Hyunjin asks, "Are you busy today? I wanted advice on this song that I'm working on."

Chan looks up from his phone. "What time do you want to work on the song?"

He puts his phone back into his back pocket and finishes the last bite of granola, throwing away the wrapper.

"I don't know, maybe noon. We have dance practice at one. I have vocal lessons before noon. I think noon is the only free time I have today." Hyunjin states. He throws away his own trash.

"Sorry, I can't do noon," Chan sighs. "I have a meeting at noon. If you want, we can work on the song tomorrow, whenever you're free."

Hyunjin's eyebrows furrowed. "You have a meeting today? By yourself?" It was odd to him. Usually, when Chan has a meeting, it's with at least a couple other members.

Chan starts walking to the dorm door, sits down, and starts putting on his shoes.

"Actually yes. It was very last minute, and it's with JYP, so I'm quite confused myself."

Hyunjin's head shoots towards Chan, and more confusion works its way onto his face.

"With JYP? Is it something major?"

"I'm not sure. I was basically left in the dark. I asked the manager something, and next thing you know, I'm having a meeting with JYP," Chan replied.

Pulling out his phone, Chan looks at the time and says, "Sorry, Hyunjin, but I have to get to the company. I have a couple of things to do before the meeting. I'll let you know what the meeting was about at dance practice."

Hyunjin just nods in confirmation and makes his way to his room to start his day as well.

Why on Earth is Chan having a one-on-one meeting with JYP?

Did he do something bad?
________________________________________________

JYP Entertainment

Once Chan arrived at the company, he went straight to look for his manager. He wanted answers, or at least a little more information, before going into the meeting with JYP.

After a bit of looking, Chan found him talking to some of their makeup artists, most likely about schedules.

Walking up to the small group, Chan taps on his manager's shoulder, startling him a bit.

"Yes, Chan?" The manager asks, while kindly dismissing the make-up artists.

"I had a few questions concerning the meeting you scheduled." Chan starts with hands intertwined.

The manager chuckles, "We'll see what I can do."

Confusion, for what felt like the millionth time, spreads across his face.

"Well, uh, first, why do I need to have a meeting with JYP over something small?"

His manager just smiles and simply states, "You'll understand why this isn't small."

That statement made Chan at least a hundred times more confused.

Noticing his confusion, his manager simply states, "Just be patient and wait for the meeting."

His manager put a firm grip on his shoulder, slightly squeezing it before walking away.

Chan stands there for a bit before slowly making his way to his studio.

~Ten minutes before the meeting~

Chan was sitting in his chair with his arms crossed against his chest.

He had headphones on and his laptop open.

His head was nodding along to the song that was currently playing.

Another good song from them.

I would have figured I would find at least one song I didn't enjoy.

Chan had spent the past hour or so listening to Producer's Corner. Finding it easy to get some work done.

*Beep* *Beep*

Taking his headphones off, Chan grabs his phone from the sofa behind him.

Manager: Chan, you can start heading to JYP's office. He got some work done faster than he thought.

Chan: Okay, thank you.

He stands up, closing his laptop, and takes his phone with him. He makes his way to JYP's office.

Once arriving, Chan takes a deep breath and knocks on the door.

Hearing a quiet "Come in," Chan slowly opens the door.

He was very nervous. The whole thought of meeting JYP one-on-one over a YouTube channel that was recommended to him made him very on edge.

Bowing a full 90 degrees, Chan says, "Hello, JYP, I'm here for the meeting my manager scheduled."

Looking up from his desk, JYP points to a chair in front of him.

"Sit down. It's going to be a long conversation."

A bit of hesitancy makes its way across Chan's face. Sitting down, he waits for JYP to make the first statement.

"I heard you were curious about Producer's Corner and why they're so mysterious." JYP states, placing his now intertwined hands on his desk.

"Yes, I have taken a liking to their music and was wondering who the producer/artist was. I'm quite confused as to why I needed a meeting with you. I didn't think Producer's Corner was that big."

"Yes, they do have quite a bit of popularity, but you had to have a schedule with me due to their conditions. Also, the reason Sana couldn't tell you anything about the Producer's Corner." JYP merely states.

"What conditions?"

"Well, for me to tell you, I would have to ask if you wanted to work with them."

Chan focuses his eyes on something on JYP's desk. He was debating whether he should collaborate with them.

"Yes, I guess I would want to work with them."

JYP slightly smiles and says, "Great, now I can actually tell you some more details. You're going to have to sign an NDA, especially if you want to work with them."

"Okay..." It was weird for him. Yes, it's not his first time signing an NDA, but it is his first time signing one without knowing anything beforehand.

"Let's work on that later. Let's talk details. Firstly....."
________________________________________________

Finally stepping out of JYP's office, Chan pulls out his phone and looks at the time.

His eyes widened in surprise at how long he had been in the meeting for.

Chan takes a light jog towards the dance room after realizing he has dance practice in five minutes.
________________________________________________
Thank you for reading this chapter! I hope you have a great morning, day, or night! (This chapter has been heavily edited)

Word Count(not including a/n): 1,236

Character Count: 6,935