Chapter 13

Bang Chan's point of view
________________________________________________

Arriving at the practice room, Chan stops before opening the door and tries his best to slow down his breathing.

Opening the door quickly and ignoring the curious gazes from his members, Chan drops his bag in a corner.

Finally turning around, Chan was met with questioning gazes.

"That's weird. You're usually here before any of us. Did something happen?" I.N. was the first to speak. The other members perked up at the question as well.

Hyunjin gives Chan a knowing look, deciding to speak about it.

"Did you only get out of the meeting with JYP?"

The other six members quickly stood up and looked at Chan.

"Meeting with JYP?!"

"For what?!"

"By yourself?"

"Yes, Hyunjin, I just got out of the meeting," Chan sighs.

The other members quiet down. They look between the two members.

"So what was it about?"

"Producer's Corner." Chan simply states, sitting on the ground to stretch.

At the mention of "Producer's Corner," the members break out into conversation.

"You finally discovered Producer's Corner?" Felix asks, excited about being able to talk about them.

"Did all of you guys know who Producer's Corner was?" Chan looks up at his group.

There was a chorus of "yes."

"So why did you need a meeting with JYP about them?" Hyunjin asks, still confused as to why he needed to meet him.

"Apparently, there are certain conditions I'm not allowed to talk about." Chan casually says.

"So are you going to be collaborating with them? They are such great producers." Seungmin asks.

"Yes, I am. That's all I'm allowed to say though; there are a bunch of rules I need to follow."

The members nod their heads in understanding and continue to stretch and get ready for dance practice. And with the final dismissal the conversation was forgotten to the back of their heads.

That's all they had for schedules. Dance practice was the last thing on the list.

With all the members splitting into two groups and climbing into vans, Chan started to think about what he was going to put into the email.

JYP said he would have to contact Producer's Corner himself. Which kind of surprised him. It was rare for him to contact an artist himself.

Finally arriving at the dorms, the members make their way to their own rooms and to do their own things.

"I call first dibs on one of the showers." Chan yells out from the living room.

Followed by Minho calling dibs on the second shower.

After finishing his shower, Chan sits down at his desk to collect his thoughts.

Eventually deciding to work on the email for the collaboration. He grabs his laptop from off his bed and searches for Producer's Corner official email.

He sits for another 15 minutes before typing anything, trying to decide what he wants to include in the email.

<To: Producer's Corner

From: Bang Chan

Subject: Song Collaboration

Dear Producer's Corner,

This is Bang Chan from Stray Kids, under JYP. I just recently discovered your music and YouTube channel. I found it really easy to work while listening to your songs. I had a meeting with JYP about your channel. He had asked me if I would like to collaborate. He only told me your terms after I decided to.

So here I am to ask if you would like to collaborate. If you would like, I will bring a couple of songs I've produced. I would really like to see what else I can do besides the types of songs I write with Stray Kids. I would like to meet up with you before we start the writing and producing process.

Please contact me at xxx-xxx-xx34>

After changing a few things, Chan took a deep breath and sent the email. Hoping they wouldn't respond too quickly.

For some reason, Chan was really nervous about meeting the producers' corner. Even if they haven't said yes to him.

Maybe it's because they're bigger than I thought.

Maybe it's because I know nothing about them.

Maybe it's because of all the conditions JYP told me about.

Closing the tab and the laptop, he leans back in his chair. He then stands up to leave his room. He walks into the living room to see all the members.

"Has anyone thought about what to make for dinner, or are we going to order in again?" Leaning against the couch, Chan asks.

The few who didn't notice him flinched at his sudden voice.

"Can we have ramen?" Changbin asks from his spot on the floor.

"I'm fine with that. Does anyone else want something else?" Chan asks while walking towards the kitchen.

A chorus of "no's" was followed by Felix saying he could help prepare the ramen.

Everyone settled into their spots, enjoying the food.

"So, Chan, when did you find out about Producer's Corner?" Seungmin asks from his spot on the couch.

"The day before yesterday, during a stream." Chan merely states

"Eh? Really? And you're already planning to work with them?" Changbin questions.

"Yea, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it as well."

Knowing they couldn't really find out any more information, the subject was once again forgotten.

After dinner and the dishes were done, Chan went straight to his room, deciding to do another live stream, this time in his bedroom.

Setting up his area, making certain that nothing important or hazardous to his personnel life is visible. He sets up the camera on his desk, where he hopes he'll stay most of the time.

Chan texted in their group chat that he was going to start a stream in his room, and to make sure to knock before entering.

Forty-five minutes into the stream, Chan is startled by the sudden ringing. Looking for the noise, he spots his phone.

Not recognizing the number, he was hesitant to answer, but then remembered it might be Producer's Corner.

"Okay, stay; this is a very important call. I have to leave the room for a little bit. Can you guys be patient for a little while?" He gets up from his chair without waiting for an answer.

Once exiting the room, Chan looks for the first person he sees.

"Hey, Jisung, could you entertain Stay for a few minutes? This is an important call." Chan asks, seeing Jisung on his phone, sitting on the couch.

Looking up from his phone, Jisung notices how rushed Chan looks. "Yea, yea. That's fine."

Chan rushes to an empty bedroom after saying a quick thank you.

Taking a deep breath, Chan finally answers the phone.

C: "Hello?"

Lucas: "Hello, is this Bang Chan I'm speaking to?"

C: "Yes, it is. Is this Producer's Corner?"

L: "Kind of. This is the Producer's Corner media team. I usually call the idols that want to work with us."

C: "Oh, okay."

L: "The main producer would love to work with you and talk about collaborating on a song. I'm assuming you have already talked to JYP about all the conditions and signed all the necessary papers?"

C: "Oh, that's great. Yes, I'm already aware of all the conditions. Yes, I've signed all the necessary papers."

L: "Great, do you already have a place you would like to meet up at?"

C: "Would it be fine to meet up at a small cafe near the JYP building?"

L: "That's perfectly fine. Is Monday at three p.m. alright?"

C: "Yes, that should be fine."

L: "Well, that's all that's needed. See you then."

C: "Bye."

Walking out of the bedroom, Chan exhales a big breath.

I'm really meeting Producer's Corner.

________________________________________________
Thank you for reading this chapter! I hope you have a great morning, day, or night! (This chapter has been edited)

Word Count(not including a/n): 1,272

Character Count: 7,065