xlv. sleep forever

you
i'm at the location

skin cancer
I see you
You kept your promise, coming alone

you
told you

"hello, cloudy."

you turned around, meeting a skinny figure dressed in all black. hands were covering his body as if they they were trying to grab him; drag him somewhere.

you sucked a breath in. "hi, shigaraki."

you could feel his smile from where you were standing. "come with me. you can meet the others. no calling the heroes though, eh? we wouldn't want anything to happen to you."

you nodded. "powering my phone off now, just in case you're worried."

it was still on.

he grinned. "good."

an evil lair. something with dried blood everywhere and test tubes with weird specimens in them. machines to gouge out their victims with. thats what you were expecting.

not an abandoned bar.

maybe society's rules and expectations have caught up to you.

shigaraki scratched his neck. "welcome to our lair."

you were immediately greeted by someone jumping at you. they knocked you over and you landed on your back.

"hee~hee! hi cloudy!!!!"

toga straddled you hips, grinning widely. "i've been longing to see you since you accepted our invitation~!" she sang, swaying on top of you.

you softly smiled back, resting your weight on your elbows. "same here, toga."

she giggled, placing her hand to her mouth. "you're much cuter in person~!"

you nodded, thanking her. "may i stand up?"

she nodded, getting off of you. you stood up, dusting off any dirt on your dark jeans.

the place was made out of wood. there was a spot where they had patched it up, presumably from when all might had busted through to rescue bakugou. a bar was placed in the back where a man made of mist was cleaning a bottle.

the other members were spread around the place; eyes on you. you were fresh meat. a foreign person in their secret base. yet, they didn't look at you like you were a threat.

they all stared at you like you were a potential.

you were their hope.

you spotted hawks standing in a corner, sluggishly leaning against the wall. the two of you made contact, causing you to gulp.

that's right, the plan.

fake it until you make it.

you smiled warmly. "hi everyone."