𝟎𝟏. 𝐑𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

I HAD my feet up on the dash board as me and belly were screaming the words to cruel summer by Taylor swift. I loved starting the summer out like this with my favorite people in my favorite place, almost favorite place. soon."five more minutes until we get there" my mom said. Even without trying my mother is the most amazing person I have ever met. Besides Susannah of course. Belly always rode with me and my mom on the way to cousins and Laurel had to drive with Noah and Steven but on the way back we switched and we got to ride with her. Laurel has by far the best music taste ever and we always end up listing to ABBA the whole ride back.

Words cant even explain how excited I am for this summer. Getting to stay up as late as we wanted. Going on bike rides to the ice cream parlor, long walks on the beach, the boardwalk, Conrad, and Jeremiah. I have missed them both so much.

Three summers ago when I was 13 years old I had the biggest crush on Jeremiah Fisher ever. I had never though about him that way up until then and I have never thought about him that way since.

Thirteen

IT WAS THE first real night at cousins and we were all on the beach after swimming and I was wrapped up in a towel laying on the blanket when all the sudden I felt water spray and I opened my eyes to Belly, Steven, Conrad, and Jeremiah holding water guns to my face. I immediately stood up and grabbed a gun. The whole rest of the night until 11 o'clock we spent enjoying each other's company playing with water guns, chasing each other down the beach.

That night was the first time I really saw Jeremiah as something other than a friend. When we were all going inside conrad had taken my towel and Jeremiah had wrapped his around both of our shoulders. For the next 10 weeks I spent the whole time trying to get him to look at me the same way he did with her.

sixteen

AS SOON AS we pulled into the fishers drive way me and belly jumped out I was the one who ran to him first. He picked me up off my feet and spun me around in a circle "you've grown Ellie".
Ellie that stupid nick name he gave me in fifth grade. That stupid nick name. "I could say the same for you jery". I know he hates his nick name just as much as I hate mine and it makes up for it. Next was Belly's turned to be hugged then Noah's then Steven's and when Conrad came out of the house I hugged him too. Something about Conrad never clicked for me. Like in Belly's case she liked both of them at some point. I mean yeah Conrad is hot and all but there was always something about jeremiah something different. Like the way he smiles and gets that little concentrated face with the line in the middle of his eyebrows when he looks at things.

When Conrad looks at something he just looks at it.

But for Jeremiah he takes it in and actually looks at it even if it's something so tiny like a grain of sand, or a crab, or a star, or a seashell or something big like the ocean, or the moon, or me.

God the way he looks at me sometimes it makes me want to melt into a pile of goop.

When we all got settled we went to the beach and took some photos that I posted on my instagram. Then after we went to the board walk and got snow cones but Steven dropped his and forced Conrad to buy him another one.

Something about this night tells me that this will be the best summer yet

A/N
IM DONE WITH CHAPTER ONEEEEEE. this book is literally so fun to write and jeremiah and ella are already so cute even tho I GAVE YOU NOTHING IN THIS CHAPTER. maybe in chapter 2😉😜

BYE ILY TY FOR READING 💗