𝟎𝟑. 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

DINNER TONIGHT WAS QUIET until Noah spoke up "con still practicing football?" beck and Jeremiah shared a glance " uhh actually he quit" Jeremiah spoke up after the awkward silence "what?" Steven exclaimed we all looked down at our food "anyways, Ella are you ever going to change out of your suit your gonna get cold" beck said with a cough. "well actually me and belly are gonna go for a night swim"I smiled down at my plate.

"Ok well belly and ella I wanted to talk to you guys about the debutante" Jeremiah laughed and Conrad smirked "whats that?" I questioned looking up from my plate "Its this thing some girls do at the summer you know you dress up nice and theres a ball you go to and dance with someone. I dont know I thought it would be fun just take a look" she slid over a slip of paper to each of us. "Definitely yeah thanks Susannah" I said.

After dinner belly and I helped clean up and we went for a swim. Usually belly swims alone a night but I felt like swimming tonight. We got out there and Conrad was on the side of the pool smoking he never smokes he hates it. Belly got in the pool and I set my towel down. Her and Conrad were talking when I felt hands on my shoulders and I jumped "Jesus christ" Jeremiah laughed behind me "jere seriously what the hell" I laughed. "ready to go con?" "yep" me and belly shared a look she spoke up "w-wait hang on where are you guys going?".

"the bonfire" what bonfire? "can we come" belly gleamed up at them "no the moms are getting your movie set up cmon con were gonna be late." her smile faded "lets go in bell" I said to her.

Beck and Laurel were setting up the movie "snacks are almost done go dry off" We shared a glance I cleared my throat "actually bells and I are really tired so were gonna head to bed early" Susannah gave an upside down smile "alright then" she pet my head. We went upstairs and belly decided we should sneak out and go to the bonfire "hell yeah belly" I put on a strapless red and white dress and belly put on a pink one that Taylor bought her. "you look stunning el" she smiled up at me "almost as stunning as you" I smiled back.

We crept down the stairs and watched our moms snuggled together on the couch laughing at the movie. My heart ached a little thinking about how up until now we were on that couch with them eating popcorn and falling asleep on their laps. Too bad were 16 now and would rather go to a party belly grabbed my arm "cmon" she whispered we put on sandals and walked to the party.

When we got there I saw Conrad kissing another girl "hey belly cmon lets go over here" I tried to redirect her so she wouldn't see. I know how much she likes him, she always has and I hate seeing her sad. "Gas station girl" some greasy looking guy came running up to us "Hi belly smiled" I looked between them not wanting to interrupt I spoke up " Im gonna go grab some drinks" I left them to mingle.

I walked up to the table where the drinks were and grabbed some punch "Careful thats mostly vodka" said a voice from behind me I turned around and faced the voice damn "yeah well I kinda need that right now" he chuckled "Im Connor" He put out his hand "Im Ella" taking his hand.

"You live around here" He questioned looking down at me "No i've been coming here every summer since I was little so" I replied. We chatted for a little longer and I saw belly on the ground surrounded by people and the boys "hang on gimme a sec" I stood up and ran over " What the hell is going on" I yelled towards the boys and helped belly get up.

She told that her and Steven got into a fight and she fell. We walked over and sat by the fire. "Hi are you okay" Connor came up behind me and belly. I smiled "Uh yeah i'm okay" belly replied I introduced them to each other and they said their hellos. Belly went off after that to hang out with Connors friend Cam (💗).

We talked for a while until there was a commotion by the other end of the fire and Conrad was fighting the creep from the gas station Belly and I tried to stop them when the gas station guy elbowed her in the face which started an even bigger fight until the cops showed up. Connor grabbed my hand and we ran to his car.

"Uhm do you want a ride home" He asked shyly "Of course I just have to let the boys know i'm going with you" We walked over to Jeremiah car and Belly and Cam were standing at the window "Hey jere Im gonna ride with him" I pointed to Connor and Belly told him she was riding home with Cam. "No, Im not letting either of you ride home with strangers" he said and I sighed "Im cam- cameron" Cam stuck his hand out "Your name is Cam Cameron?" Jeremiah spat back I rolled my eyes "No just Cam" he replied smiling. Jeremiah turned over to Connor "Im Connor" he also smiled and put his hand out.

"Nice to meet you but No Ella and Belly get in the car" I scoffed and turned to Connor "Come to my dads breakfast place tomorrow by the boardwalk at 8" He whispered down at me with a smile. I nodded and returned the gesture. Feeling braved I pecked him on the lips and got into the car blushing. Belly also was feeling brave apparently because she too kissed a "stranger" that night.

Jeremiah rolled his eyes and we drove back home. Conrad was drunk out of his mind and when we got home of course my mom and laurel were right at the door waiting for us. They gave us a lecture and got mad at Conrad because he's the "oldest" and how "irresponsible" he was tonight. Honestly, I just zoned out the conversation only thinking about Connor. After that I got changed and went to bed.

A/N this was the dress ella wore, the og girl wearing it is lily chee (my wife)

if you dont like it you can imagine something else I just thought this fit her vibe

WTF THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR GETTING ME TO WHERE I AM ILYSM