hangover

(TW: ALCOHOL + the legal drinking age in England is 18)

It was the end of the school year, so that usually always meant a huge 'end of the year party' for students to attend.

It had been Slytherin's year to host, so all the Slytherin's had worked their arses off days before this just to be ready.

Scorpius Malfoy sat down beside his best— and only friend, Albus Potter. He smiled at his friend, and he smiled right back.

The feeling that the blonde got when his friend smiled at him is indescribable. It made Scorpius feel warm and fuzzy inside when Albus smiled at him.

Completely ruining the moment, James Potter sits down next to Scorpius, waving this bottle in front of his face that's filled with a strange looking liquid.

"What's that?" Inquired Scorpius. James' smiled widened. "It's this brilliant muggle alcohol! It supposed to be loads worse than fire whisky. Wanna give it a go?"

Scorpius was hesitant, but Albus didn't think twice. "That's not very head-boy behavior of you, James." Albus teased

"Pour me a glass!" He announced excitedly. "I guess I'll have one too" Scorpius added hesitantly. If Albus is to drink some I'm almost required to. James soon returned to them with two glasses of strange smelling alcohol.

Just the smell of it made Scorpius practically gag. Albus downed his glass quickly, asking for another. On the other hand, Scorpius was finding it quite unbearable.

James leaned over and whispered,"Al might be quite ill tomorrow, look out for him." Scorpius frowned at the thought of Albus sick.

—————————————————————————

"Albus, maybe you should go lie down." sighed a disappointed cousin as Albus tried to kiss his best friend on the cheek for the 3rd time in the last 20 minutes.

"You're such a git James!" cried Rose. "You can't let him drink all that stuff, and not expect things like this to happen." "I dunno Rose, I think he's acting quite the same as he always does." James laughed.

Scorpius was sitting awkwardly close to his best friend, who had his head clumsily laid on his shoulder. "Why is he being like this?" Scorpius cried. "I think Scorpius is quite enjoying it!" Lily Potter called from across the common room.

"Lily go away!" Rose called back. "I dunno Rose, maybe Lily's right." James said, smirking at Scorpius.

His face was already bright red at this point, and he knew it. He knew he liked it, but nobody knew that, did they? "Scorpius!" Albus whined at him.

"Yes?" Scorpius replied, peering down at the boy. "Can we go lie down" Albus requested in his ear, quiet enough so that nobody could hear. Yeah right.

Scorpius smiled. It was around 2 o'clock, so going to bed wouldn't be a bad excuse. "Hey- me and Albus are gonna go see if we can sleep, I'll see you three tomorrow."

Scorpius said. "Goodnight lovebirds! Don't snog too loud!" Lily cried teasingly after them. Rose shot her a nasty look.

"Looks like they're gonna be doing a whole lot of sleeping." James howled. "JAMES!" cried Rose, elbowing James in the gut.

—————————————————————————

Scorpius couldn't focus on anything but the male beside him right now. His brain was so jammed full of thoughts, he thought he quite literally might just die.

"Goodnight Albus." Scorpius stammered. Albus looked at him lazily. "Albus, I know you probably aren't here to sleep and you know that too, but I really think it would do you good to get some rest" Scorpius added gravely.

Just then the Albus threw himself onto Scorpius, arms wrapped tightly around his waist, head in the nape of his neck. "What's this?"

Scorpius sputtered, his cheeks flushing a light shade of pink,"Is something going on?" "No,"Albus mumbled into Scorpius' shoulder,"You're comfy." Scorpius hesitantly wrapped his arms around Albus.

He has done this a million times before. Not like this. Never like this before. Albus had never been in this vulnerable of a state. Albus had never given him this variation of a hug.

The usual hugs Scorpius would receive are friendly, around the abdomen, short, and quick. This hug felt—different. It was a weird kind of different. Not exactly a bad weird-kind of different. Just thoroughly different.

Eventually the two gradually retreated from each other's grasp. "You okay Albus?" Scorpius mumbled wearily. Albus merely nodded and slid down to sit, his back resting against his bed.

"I needed that." Scorpius admitted.

"Me too."