pining

"Okay so let me get this straight," Rose inquired,"You don't fancy Albus? Not even the slightest bit?"

Scorpius bit his lip. His knee began bouncing up and down up and down, due to the stress and surprise by the sensitive topic.

"I guess I- I never considered it before." He lied. "What makes you think that I would fancy Albus? I have standards, you know."

"Oh I don't know, maybe it's because you look at him like he's everything you could ever hope and dream of and more?" Rose shot back annoyed.

"Well yeah.. he's my best mate?" Scorpius replied, becoming more and more flustered by the second.

"Scorpius, we've seen how you two hug. Also you argue like a married couple." Lily added in her cousins defense.

"And don't think we've forgotten the time you saw each other at the train station before this year started, and you ran towards each other as if you hadn't seen each other in a bloody century." Rose added flatly.

"He's my best friend!" Scorpius defended,"I mean of course I would snog him- as friends of course."

"You can't snog someone 'as friends.'" Lily protested.

"Yes you can we've done it loads of times before!" Scorpius testified,"You know, platonic snogging? Not familiar?"

"Oh for merlins sake.." Rose added.

"If Albus asked you out- what would you say?" Lily pried.

"Well it depends." Scorpius sputtered,"If he's asking me, and it does not include me embarrassing myself, then sure." Scorpius proudly said.

"But it's not like I fancy him or anything like that. Sometimes I swear, you lot are insane."

...

—————

really short sorry🤕