love

Albus was perplexed. What was he supposed to do now? He had grown quite sick of the after party for the quidditch championship.

He peered through the hangings of his bed, only to spot one of his Slytherin peers, passed out on his bed with some Hufflepuff girl cuddled up close next to him.

The sight truly almost made him gag. He peered over to the other side of the room, where he was almost absolutely sure his best friend was sitting inside reading a book of some sort.

He slowly made his way over in the darkness of the night, stumbling over some loose items on the floor to get over to his friend's bedside.

"Scorpius?" Albus mumbled, slowly pulling back the hanging of his bed. "What's up Al?" Scorpius replied,"Had a bad dream? Don't worry, you can come and cuddle with me." He teased.

"Quite the opposite actually." Albus hissed,"there's some bloke I don't even know passed out in my bed with a Hufflepuff girl!" "Oh." Scorpius remarked. "Okay that's fine. Yep, absolutely wonderful." He patted the spot next to him on the bed, signaling for Albus to crawl over.

"Thanks.." Albus laughed. "What's that book even about? Hogwarts for muggles?" Albus murmured. "You are perfectly wrong." Scorpius laughed.

"It's about muggle schooling, it's quite fascinating. Did you know some muggle schools make you change with everyone else in your year to take 'Physical Education'?" "That sounds like absolute hell.." Albus grumbled. "I can agree with you on that one." Scorpius sighed.

As he returned back to silently reading, Albus took a moment to admire Scorpius as a whole. He was the perfect best friend. The best one he could have ever asked for. He wouldn't dare to even think about losing him. It's what he feared most.

If one day, Scorpius doesn't need him anymore. If one day Scorpius realizes that he ought to go find some 'pure blooded' friends to take after his father. But he knew Scorpius wasn't like that. Scorpius is quite the opposite of his father.

Scorpius is kind, caring, smart, and beautiful inside and out. And that's only the beginning of why Albus considers himself extremely lucky to be able to call Scorpius his best friend.

Scorpius also had the most beautiful glowing eyes. So ominous and dark you could get lost in their void of darkness. Albus admired everything about Scorpius, although he was far too afraid to say it.

His hair, soft to touch and always smelling good. His personality, his geekiness, his clothes, the way he said Albus' name, the softness of his lips, the feeling of his—.

Albus was completely thrown out of his daydream as Scorpius shut the heavy book he had been previously reading. "Are you tired Al? Because I'm tired." Scorpius yawned. "Yeah I'm getting kind of sleepy," Albus replied, "Partying wears you out, huh?"

"I guess so. Although I didn't do much partying. More like sitting on the couch in the common room drinking merlin knows what kind of spiked punch." Scorpius joked. Albus laughed,"Yeah I guess we're not big 'party people'." "Fine by me." Scorpius mumbled, lying down fully now facing Albus.

In the darkness of the night in the late May air, despite being in the dungeons he felt warmth like no other. His cheeks glowing a dark shade of red in the dim light.

He was in the very same bed as Scorpius. The boy he silently pined over since 3rd year. The boy who risked his life alongside him. The boy who he traveled through time with on multiple occasions.

Scorpius and Albus had a bond. The bond was tighter than a knot. Love Delphi had called it. In the heat of the moment he might not have realized it. But she was right. What he felt was nothing other than utter pure love for Scorpius Malfoy.

He wanted to shout it out loud for the whole world to hear. For everyone to know that he loves Scorpius Malfoy. And nothing anyone says, does, or thinks. Will ever test through this love. This love stronger than a million of the most talented witches and wizards.

This wonderful, beautiful, mystical love. He wanted to tell Scorpius— he wanted to show Scorpius. More than anything- he wanted Scorpius to show that love and affection right back to him.

"Scorp?" Albus whispered lowly "Al?" Scorpius whispered back. "I love you." He said it. He said the forbidden words. Albus felt as though he might just perform the killing curse on himself right now.

Scorpius was taken aback by this, but soon returned the gesture by wrapping his arms around Albus' torso, burying his face into Albus' pajama top. And all at once, everything felt right in the word. And every worry Albus had previously acclaimed had vanished in thin air.

"I love you too. More than life itself, Albus. Always will."

And with that, Albus slowly drifted off to sleep. Those few spoken words replaying in his head again, and again, and again.

—————
bit longer lol.