3

he's going to be the death of me

~~~~~

"attention on deck!" we all stood up after we heard those three words came from one of the admirals

he stood at the front of the room "morning, welcome to you special training detachment. be seated"

of course being the only seat that was left i had to sit right next to hangman.

"i'm admiral bates, your all top gun graduates" he stated facts "the best of the best, that was yesterday. the enemy's new fifth generation fighter levels the playing field. we have vey few details but we don't have the technological advantage anymore. success, now more than ever comes down to the man or woman in the box"

hangman turned to look at me with wide eyes and i scoffed at him

"half of you will make the cut. only one of you will make mission leader, and the other half will remain in reserve" admiral bates looked at all of us

i raised my hand "who gonna be teaching us?" i asked

"well ace, to get to the point" he started "your instructed is a top gun graduate with real world experience in every mission aspect you will be expected to learn and master. his exploits are legendary, what he has to teach you may very well be the difference between life and death"

we all looked behind us to see a man with dark hair, he kinda looked familiar.

"i give you captain pete mitchell, call sign, maverick" admiral bates walked out if the view

"good morning" he said and held up his hand witch had the f-18 book "this book contains everything they want you to know about your aircraft, i'm assuming you know this book inside and out"

"hell yeah" i say out loud witch followed out with agreements

my face fell in confusion when he threw the book away, but not complaining.

"so does your enemy" mav said "but what the enemy doesn't know is your limits and i intend to find those limits. test them and push beyond, so today we'll start with you think you know. show  me what your made of"

~~~~~

i was walking with bradley outside when maverick called out his name

"rooster"

i stopped but he didn't

"bradley" mac continued to call out but he still kept walking "lieutenant bradshaw"

bradley finally stopped walking "imma go to my aircraft" i signaled behind me "good luck"

~~~~~

"good morning aviators, this is your captain speaking" Maverick started through the helmet "welcome to basic fighting maneuvers. as briefed. todays exercise is dogfighting. guns only, no missiles, we do not got below the hard deck of 5000 feet"

"hey pretty face" i looked to my right and so hangman "you see mav anywhere?" i shook my head

"right under us" bob said into the microphone thingy and i heard phoenix sigh

mav came up from under us causing our aircraft to part different ways

"what the fu-" i gasped and got ahold of my stick (idk what it's called lmao) "hangman break right , i'm left"

i went to go left but i saw hangman doing the same,going left too

"shit hangman" i swerved away from him and broke out to chase mav "i said go right dumbass"

i heard phoenix laugh but then quickly left "this is why we call you hangman, you always leave us hanging"

i sighed and headed up pulling a lot of gs "he left?" phoenix nodded when i looked over at her "200 hundred push ups right mav?"

"yup" i heard him say "catch me if you can" he suddenly we very fast"

"almost there" i mumbled trying to to get a shot at him, but he turned over me doing a 360 and hit the target

"gotcha" he shot me making me groan