Wanda

maybe wanda notices that you haven't been eating and is rly worried about the reader?

You've been trying your best to eat things these past few days, you really have been but your appetite is just nowhere to be found and even when it is there it only makes you crave small things like one candy bar or a small fry. Something that's easy enough to grab in the city on your evening walk and it seems to be holding you over for the most part.

You didn't realize tonight would be any different, until you remembered that Wanda had returned from a mission last night, which means she's definitely going to use cooking dinner for the team as a way to get her stress out. You really hope no one notices and says anything. You doubt they will though, it's not often you all get together like a family and share a meal at the table. Surely everyone would be too distracted by conversation to notice.

You trudge to the kitchen when you hear the Sokovian call out that dinner's ready. Faking a smile before entering the room you greet your teammates and friends before taking your seat. Wanda smiles as she, Vision and Natasha bring out the dishes to the table, letting everyone pick their own portions and wants. To your dismay she takes a seat next to you.

"Hi Y/n." she greets

"Hey Wan. How was the mission?"

"Nothing we couldn't handle."

You nod, "Glad to hear that"

You're relieved as she and Yelena take up conversation, allowing you to grab a small portion of the food you normally take a heaping helping of. To your relief no one calls you out on it so you relax a bit and take a few small bites before the mere idea of swallowing anymore makes your stomach twist.

The Sokovian watches you from the corner of her eye. The meal you'd normally scarf down with speed rivaling her brothers, you now simply push around your plate with the fork. Her brows furrowed together when she notices you sneaking small bits of it off your meal to Lucky, who sits patiently at your feet waiting for more.

After a few more minutes, once half your meal is gone you take your plate to the kitchen. You empty the plates remaining contents into the trash before rinsing your dishes off and placing them in the dishwasher.

You make your way back into the dining area, not meeting anyones eyes as you excuse yourself, "Thanks for dinner Wans, it was delicious as usual. I'm gonna head out now. Gotta get some paperwork done for Fury."

"Don't suppose I can talk you into doing mine too?" Tony jokes, causing you to just barely crack a smile, but Wanda notices the lack of warmth in your eyes

"Nope" you reply, "Gotta do your own Stark"

He frowns and Natasha smirks, "Poor playboy doesn't have an assistant for that paperwork?"

As they continue to joke with each other, you sneak out the door and slowly make your way down the hall to your room. Unknown to you, Wandas concerned eyes follow you. She doesn't like the slump of your shoulders as you go or how uninterested you seem in everything tonight. Quickly she stands, taking her own plate to the kitchen before heading on up to your room.

She stands in front of your door for a few moments to collect her thoughts before gently knocking, "Can I come in?"

You sigh, placing the folder of paperwork down on the desk, "Doors open!" She enters and makes her way to the edge of your bed, taking a seat as you turn in your chair to face her, "Hey Wan. Everything ok?"

"I should be asking you that." she states, causing you to give her a confused look, "When I was getting the ingredients ready for dinner I noticed how much of your groceries and snacks were still in the kitchen. And Lucky ate more of your dinner than you did."

"Oh." you breathe out, averting your eyes to the floor

She gently grabs your chin, lifting your face to look at her. You're slightly surprised by the amount of concern lacing her features, "Talk to me Y/n, what's going on inside that pretty head of yours?"

You shrug, "You could just read my mind you know."

She shakes her head, "I would never violate your privacy or your mind like that dorogoy(sweetheart)"

You smile at her, "I really wouldn't mind though. I mean it's you Wan, I know you wouldn't dig too deep or harm me in any way."

"You really trust me like that?" she whispers

"Of course Wan" you reply

She smiles, "Well that's good to know, but I'd kinda like for you to tell me what's going on."

"I don't really know." You sigh, "I just can't eat. My appetites just not here anymore."

"Aren't you hungry though?" she asks, worry lacing her tone

"I mean some days I get a little hungry but only for something small like a granola bar, an apple or some french fries." you reply, "I'm sorry, I know you worked hard on dinner tonight. I really wanted to eat it....I just couldn't."

Without warning she pulls you into a hug, "Dorogoy(sweetheart), I'm not upset about you eating what I cooked. I never would be. I'm just worried about you."

You rest your head on her shoulder, "I'm ok Wans, promise. This just happens sometimes. I'll be back to scarfing down your cooking in a few days."

"Ok, as long as you're sure."

You nod against her shoulder, "I'm sure. Do you wanna stay for a while? We can watch some sitcoms."

She pulls back slightly and tucks a piece of your hair behind your ear, "I'd love that."