⊱┊ɪ

You had mixed feelings about Quirks. Always have. Somedays, you felt grateful for the people who would use them for good. Other days you wish they'd never existed.

Your mind began to take its occasional walk around the block, bombarding yourself with the same old questions: Why did that baby have to shine? Why did it shine in the first place? Why couldn't it have been a normal baby? If that baby wasn't the first to be discovered, would there have been someone else? If that baby wasn't born... would Quirks not exist?

Figurably, now wasn't the time to think about that. You were currently situated at the airport with the "Three Musketeers," you liked to call them, and the No. 1 Hero, Endeavor, awaiting your flight to Otheon, a country in Europe.

This was the first time you'd be boarding a plane, let alone leaving the country. And you weren't heading there at the best of times, either. This was all for work studies—the World Heroes' Mission.

You set your hands over your thighs, rhythmically tapping your fingers along to a song you had stuck in your head subsequently when you got there.

Follow... me into the unknown...

Your eyes glanced at each of the passerby advancing left and right before you, each person you caught sight of made you think of what might be going on in their lives. Figuring most of them were out living peacefully and not undergoing the pressure of having the fate of the whole damn world placed onto their shoulders, you envied them.

"We're going abroad! I'm so nervous!" Midoriya's dulcet voice jerked you out of your train of thought. Your eyes laid upon his curly green and black locks. You found his hair alluring somewhat, for you'd find yourself frequently gawking at it every time you'd zoned out.

"You know English, so you'll manage." Todoroki butted in, leaning forward to face the frantic boy. His hair was a sight to behold; one half white, the other half red. The way it was long enough to reach just before his mismatched eyes—you couldn't lie, but you were a sucker for heterochromia. "They say that writing the kanji for "person" on your palm can calm you down. You must pretend to swallow it, though, or it won't work."

Your gaze moved to the side as you rested your head in the palm of your hand. Your upper eyelids began to droop, allowing a deep sigh to escape your lips. You heard the green-haired boy thank Todoroki before seeing him tracing his palm with his finger, bringing it up to his mouth. You wanted to snort just then but didn't want to sound like an asshole. Your friends were just nervous was all, not that you weren't.

You overheard a light crackle a few meters away. Turning in Todoroki's direction, you see Bakugou next to him pretending to swallow his own hand. You could've sworn you heard a small giggle from Midoriya. "You get nervous too, Kacchan?"

Bakugou turned to you—eyebrows scrunched downward, his upper eyelids doing the same, the edges of his mouth reaching for the very sides of his face—it was his immediate expression. His hair was a direct match for his personality, you thought: enticed with thorns. "Shut up, you dimwits!"

...see what happens if you... let go...

"Well, everyone's got their own way to deal with pressure." A familiar voice butted in. You could instantly identify who it was and turned to see only your assumption was correct. "Some get nervous, some get amped. I guess Bakugou must be the latter." You could tell Bakugou didn't get a kick out of that.