⊱┊ɪɪ

He had everything, more than he could account for, just for it to be taken from him in less than a week. It was a long story, though he recalls every second of it. He wished he hadn't been affiliated with it all, but it was too late. The damage had been done.

The boy in question was Rody Soul, as in the eldest son of Eddie Soul. Yes, the man who had been a part of the terrorist group, Humarise. He'd rather not delve any deeper into it.

Rody blankly peered at himself in the mirror before him, tidying his button up. He seemed to harness that same expression with everything. Every day was the same for him, nothing really phased him anymore.

"Roro, Lala. I need to go to work soon." He called to his younger siblings. He turned around due to hearing rustling sounds behind him. "Make sure you guys..."

⠀⠀⠀They came up, handing Rody his tie. "We'll study!"

⠀⠀⠀He adjusted his tie in the mirror. "And if I don't come home till late?"

⠀⠀⠀They handed him his coat. "We'll make food!"

Slipping on his coat, he turned once again to where he slightly hovered over Roro and Lala, playfully bringing his arms up and scrunching his hands, imitating a figure any young child would find creepy. "And, if someone weird tries to talk to you...?"

The siblings let out syncing giggles as they leapt over to their tore-down sofa against the wall of their trailer. "We'll definitely ignore them!"

⠀⠀⠀"Good!" He told them.

⠀⠀⠀"Good!" They repeated.

Rody exited through their front door, facing his siblings who followed him out. "But I don't think I'll be that late today."

⠀⠀⠀"Yay!" They cheered in unison, to which Rody gave them a small smile. Once his father was caught, any other family members they had cut off all ties with them. Their friends they had made were told not to play with them anymore. They were seen as outcasts by everyone in their town, the same as their father who left them. Roro and Lala were the only ones Rody had left. They were his only pride and joy.

⠀⠀⠀A small pink bird spawned from Rody's shoulder, giving the two each a peck on the cheek. Lala giggled. "Pino!"

⠀⠀⠀Pino retreated back to his shoulder as he gave them a light wave. "Okay, I'm off then."

⠀⠀⠀"Have a good day!" And off he went. His beaming expression soon dispersed once he was out of his siblings' sight. He didn't want to worry them with his feelings.

⠀⠀⠀He continued, passing between an alleyway under a road bridge. From there, he noticed an airplane hovering in the sky, figuring it was about to land. He dreaded living next to an airport, it was way too noisy for his liking. But what can he really do about it? He was a poor boy residing in a trailer park, working as a bartender and even taking up theft and unlawful deeds to provide for his younger brother and sister. He just wished everything had stayed the same as it was before.

Rody soon arrived at his destination, approaching a small shack with the words "STANLEYK'S BAR" spray-painted above the entrance. He walked in, calling out to the only other person there. "Old man, you got work for me?"

The gray-haired man took a glance at him and stayed silent. He sneered at him, continuing to clean the shot glass in his hands. It was until Rody placed a few euros on the table that he started talking. The man turned around, his back facing him. "Pickup's on East 3rd Street. It needs to be delivered to the Chinese restaurant in the South Grove."