Stay, Stay with Me

I've never done a songfic so... yolo?

song: Stay Stay Stay by Taylor Swift

I'm pretty sure we almost broke up last night

Rose crossed her arms and settled her weight on one hip.  "I'll just go home then."

The Doctor shrugged, pretending not to care.  "Fine."

I threw my phone across the room at you

Rose dug out her mobile from her pocket and lobbed it at the Doctor's head.  He ducked just in time, and the phone smacked into the wall behind him.  He turned to her, shocked.  "Were you aiming at my head?"

"Yep."

I was expecting some dramatic turnaway, but you stayed

"Don't go."  And he walked forward, at the same time she walked backwards.

This morning I said was should talk about it, cause I read you should never leave a fight unresolved

"Doctor, I think we need to talk," Rose said quietly, walking through the large expanse of the wardrobe room, searching for him.

"Ah, yes, I was just preparing for that exact conversation, Rose, hang on!" His voice floated cheerily down the flight of stairs and she couldn't help but smile.

That's when you came in wearing a football helmet and said-

"Okay, let's talk!" The Doctor swung into view, wearing full football pads and a helmet.  Rose walked up to him and flung her arms around his neck. 

And I said-

"Stay," The Doctor murmured against her neck, and Rose nodded.

*

I've been loving you for quite some time, time, time

"How long are you gonna stay with me?"

"Forever."

*

You think that it's funny when I'm mad, mad, mad,

"Oh, you're lovely when you're blushing, look at that!" The Doctor said excitedly, bouncing on the balls of his feet.

"Shut up, I'm angry with you."

"I know, but look, you're pink and yellow and red, oh, that's brilliant!" He beamed at her and her lip twitched in response.

*

So I think that it's best if we both stay

"You gonna stick around?" The Doctor swung their joined hands between them as they strolled down a London street.

"Just cause I lost my face doesn't mean I want to go home," Rose replied, grinning up at him.

And that's when he kissed her.

*

Before you I'd only dated self indulgent takers

"Jimmy."

"Was that his name?" The Doctor asked, stroking the back of her hand with his thumb.

"Jimmy Stone, yeah.  Moved out when I was sixteen to be with him.  No A-levels, no job."

Who took all of their problems out on me

"Was he-?"

"He was so cruel, Doctor, a horrible man," she said, and he brushed away a tear that slid down her cheek.  She sighed, resting her forehead against his.  "You make it better," she whispered, "You really do."