4.

This chapter is short and I'm SO SORRY PLEASE FORGIVE ME.

Mathias woke to the sight of early afternoon sunlight beaming through the room. Confused at first, he squinted and sat up. How had he gotten into Nor's room? He scratched his head right as the memory of the previous night came back to him. That's right... He must have fallen asleep without meaning to... But where had the Norwegian gone off to?

He discovered his answer to be "Not far" upon walking out and cracking the door to his own bedroom open. Lukas was pressed against the wall on the far side of his bed. He had no blanket, using only the clothes on his back for warmth.

Mathias could not help but to stare for a while. It was tempting to walk over and shake him awake, but then he recalled how he had been kind enough to allow him to sleep in his own bed- even going so far as to cover him up when he fell asleep last night. Then he saw how relaxed all of Nor's features were, the usual scowl eradicated from his face. This was enough to put a small smile on his face as he backed away, closing the door softly behind him.

"Why did you and Nor switch rooms last night?"

Mathias jumped as the voice of Emil shattered the silence of the hallway. "E-eh? Icey! What the hell?"

Iceland's eyes, ringed by dark circles, rolled in annoyance. It was typical of the teenage nation to spend long nights over Skype, chatting away with Hong Kong or Seychelles. From the looks of his face, Mathias concluded that he had done just that.

"I heard you going into his room last night but didn't really wanna get up to see what you guys were doing." Emil explained, shrugging as he began to descend the staircase into the living room. Mathias followed.

"I dunno. He was talking to England for some reason, and I couldn't get to sleep." he answered, veering away into the kitchen. He swung open the door to the refrigerator and pulled out the carton of milk.

Emil pulled himself up to sit on the counter, equipped with an unopened bag of black licorice. "I'll bet he was talking about you." The Icelander leaned back against the wooden cabinets and popped a piece of the candy into his mouth. "He's been stalking you like a cat lately. Haven't you noticed?"

He hadn't noticed. "Shut up, Ice. You're imagining things." Mathias took a swig of milk before screwing the top back on and setting it back in the fridge.

Appearing offended, the Icelander raised his hands in surrender and stalked out of the room. Mathias was sure that he could hear him muttering profanity under his breath.