Prologue

Many many eons ago, before Silas gained immortality, there was one man who roamed the earth for many centuries, a heretic to be specific. This man had watched as humans evolved over time, he watched as kingdoms fell and rose from the ashes of the ones before them. For many centuries, he kept in the shadows, away from conflict and humans. He watched as a family of a viking turned their children to vampires by using the spell he may or may not have accidentally misplaced. What can he say, two of the viking children intrigued him. So he would visit them occasionally ever since they were children. Niklaus amused him. He was unknowingly kept immensely weak by that witch's spell. Erik couldn't wait to see until he broke out of that witch's shackles. No doubt he would turn out to be similar to him. Erik smirked. 

Then there was the other Mikaelson brother, Kol. That brat reminded Erik of himself. He loved magic and thrived in it. Now that he lost it, he had turned out to be just like him. A ruthless monster. Though it was to be expected, after all, he lost his access to magic and unfortunately none of his sibling cared to comfort him. Erik hummed. Maybe he should offer him his gift of magic. After all, unlike the others, he was not bound by the rules or ancestors. The only reason why Kol hadn't gone deranged was because Erik kept visiting him from time to time and when he was daggered, Erik would appear in his dreams, to keep him company. Erik had a feeling those two are his soulmates. But he didn't want to get too attached to them yet. After all, love is a weakness....right?

By sheer boredom, sometime around 1392, Erik decided to involve himself in the human affairs during the Joseon Dynasty in Korea. He wanted to get a break from the Mikaelsons and play around with human's lives. Not wanting to get attention from the Mikaelson, he cloaked himself and chose to go by a pseudonym, Gwi. A ruthless cold blooded vampire. He enjoyed playing with the humans, and he was highly amused by the fact that newbie vampire Sung Yeol thought he had killed him. Pathetic. It was amusing to him. Although he had the pleasure of watching them die. 

Erik opened his eyes and looked at the trembling girl in front of him and smirked. He leaned in close to her neck. Erik chuckled darkly. "Hm, don't worry, fortunately for you, today isn't the die you'd be dying. I saved you from that abusive man after all. It'd be such a waste if you die when I went through the trouble of saving you." Erik purred as he traced her artery with his index finger. The girl's breath hitched. "You see, I need you to do something for me. But before that..." Erik leaned in towards her artery. "I need to have some fun first, don't I?" He whispered before sinking his sharp fangs in her neck. The girl gasped in pain and unconsciously grabbed his sleeve tightly. Tears escaped her eyes as she shut her eyes in pain. Slowly, she started seeing black spots at the corner of her eyes and the next thing she knew was the slow embrace of darkness. 

Erik caught her unconscious form before she fell. He leaned back and wiped his mouth with his hand and gazed at the unconscious girl in his arms. He scooped her up and placed her on the couch in his living room. He took one last glance at her before going towards the balcony. He took a deep breath and walked outside. Erik glanced up at the moon, despite the bright lights in Seoul, the moon was still beautiful. However, he preferred looking at it without the man made lights, it was annoying.

Erik closed his eyes when he felt a presence behind him. "You're late." Erik said without looking back.

"Apologies, My Lord." The voice said behind him.  "I did not wish to interrupt your personal time."

Erik hummed. "Any news?"

"Yes, My Lord. Klaus Mikaelson has just arrived in Mystic Falls. He is currently inhabiting the history teacher's body. Elijah has been daggered by the doppelgänger and her friends. Katerina Petrova has been taken by Klaus's warlock."

Erik turned back and looked at his kneeling informant. "And the coffins?" 

"They are not in Mystic Falls yet. However, Juyeon has mentioned that Klaus's witches are planning on bringing them with his original body in a few days." 

A slow mischievous smirk started forming on Erik's lips. "I think it's time I paid a visit to our dear old friend, don't you?" He chuckled darkly.