Chapter 1

Mystic Falls - Alaric's house

Klaus/Alaric opened the closet and took out 2 shirts. Katherine who was tied to a chair looked at him with fearful eyes.

"Oh! Who is this guy, Safari Sam? Klaus grumbled as he took out two shirts. He looked at Katherine while holding the shirts. "Okay, bad, or badder?"Before Katherine could respond, a deep voice startled them both. "The dark colour suits you better, Nik."

Klaus's eyes widened at the sight of the man standing before them with an amused smirk. Next to the man was the familiar face of his right hand sorcerer, Taehyung who never left his side. Katherine looked at the intruders with clear suspicion. She was confused as to why Klaus hasn't killed them and even more so how did that man know Klaus to be able to call him like that?

"Eric?" Klaus said with clear hesitation in his voice. 

Eric chuckled. "It's been a long time, love." He said as he started walking towards Katherine. Klaus nodded, still in shock that he is looking at his soulmate who he hasn't seen for a very long time. 

Katherine flinched once he stood in front of her. Something about him told her, she did not want to get on his and side as it was clear that he was worse than Klaus. Eric held Katherine's chin with his fingers and  leant forwards, taking her scent. Katherine's breath hitched and shivered at the sudden threat. Eric hummed. "It's been quiet a long flight and I haven't had any drink. Quiet famished you see. I'm sure you wouldn't mind right Nik?"

Klaus smirked. "Of course not, love. Have at it." He said as he sent a side glance to Taehyung who had started drinking tea on the couch. He was quiet fast to start drinking. Klaus thought in amusement. 

"No Klaus, I-" Before Katherine could finished, Eric had started drinking from her neck. She couldn't fight him with her hands tied behind the chair so all she could do was to stop herself from screaming from the pain. She knew he was doing it on purpose. If Klaus and his relationship were as close as she thought it'd be, then she knew he was doing this to get back at her for what she has done to him. Pain was the last thing she felt before she went unconscious. 

Eric pulled back and wiped the blood from his mouth with his finger while staring at Klaus with a devious smirk. "Hmm not the best I've had, but still good." Eric hummed before sitting next to Taehyung. "Now how about you start telling me about this plan of yours. I find myself quit intrigued. I might even help you in your mission."

Klaus pretended that the sight of Eric drinking blood did not fluster him. "I'm surprised you came back to see me again. I haven't seen you since-"

"Since you daggered kol." Eric said bluntly.

Awkward silence filled the room.

Eric chuckled. "I wonder why is that?"

"He was plotting against me!" Klaus exclaimed. 

"Aw ever the paranoid brother, eh? But,  you know...Niklaus." Eric stood up and smirked as Klaus flinched at his full name. "Did you not wonder why he was looking for the diamond with his witches? He was not plotting against you but helping me with something. Something important that was put on hold because he was daggered by you." Eric said as he held Klaus' shoulder tightly making him flinch in pain. 

Damn this weak human body. Klaus thought in annoyance.  

"So before the doppelgänger wakes, how about we have a chat, you and I."  Eric smiled sinisterly. making Klaus regret daggering Kol out of betrayal and jealousy.