𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗧𝗪𝖮: 𝚁𝚎𝚖𝚗𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚏 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙿𝚊𝚜𝚝

Quirks were an upgrade, so to speak, for humans. They came in different forms, some shown clearly on their outward appearance and others hidden by the
restraint of human morals. Most of them came with advantages such as helping daily lives become easier and opening a new path for future generations to take. Before the age of quirks, doctors and scientists thought that ordinary humans were powerless. They deduced that their ancestors had nothing but their own flesh and mortality to defend or defeat enemies. They weren't entirely wrong. For a while, such a period did come. Older generations would say that things were simpler and easier back then, but they forget that simple did not mean better. Instead of heroes and villains fighting against each other as representatives of the war between good and evil, no one drew the line and stayed stagnant in the grey area. No quirk is perfect and there will always be another quirk that could counter it, rendering it completely useless. Sadly, nuclear bombs and weapons of war had no such thing. Nothing could stop a hurtling missile capable of leveling entire cities. Escape and the loss of human lives was the only answer. Back then, the poor souls trapped in between the agony and misery could only clasp their hands tightly, praying to whatever god was out there. If only they were born earlier...

Before the age of quirks and the time before it, there was Teyvat. A world ruled by The Seven Archons, each powerful in their own right and their thrones built upon the spoils of war. Unlike quirks, the power they held was not something everyone could be born with. It had to be earned, and if a god watching from Celestia did see your passion, they would humor you and perhaps give you a Vision. A unique artifact capable of giving its user the ability to wield an element of an Archon. Nations were burned to the ground because of their abilities, and civilizations rose from their power. To put it simply, a Vision's power was divine. The Archons and their nations flourished, their people relying heavily on the blessing their gods would give. Despite the Archons' influence and power, humans were an always evolving race. It was not in their nature to stay still for long. Eventually, they grew strong enough to live without the influence of Celestia and the gods. The stories of their existence slowly faded from history and were replaced by speculations. Without their followers' faith, some gods didn't see enough reason to continue.

The Cryo Archon lost the only warmth that thawed her frozen nature, leaving nothing but the bitter cold of her gnosis as its glow faded.

The Pyro Archon's heart that burned bright for those that cared for her dimmed into a weak flicker; her gnosis snuffed into ashy embers.

The Dendro Archon, known for her thirst for knowledge and colorful flora that gave life to the world, wilted under the neglect of her followers, the soil reclaiming her power as her gnosis buried under it.

The Hydro Archon's fierce passion for justice disappeared without a trace, just like her stormy nature, a neverending calm before the storm.

The Anemo Archon's continued his adventurous quest for freedom, unknowing of his people's decision to cast him aside as swiftly as the wind. His stories were whispered only by the breeze.

The Electro Archon learned the meaning of her eternity. An Inazuma that prospered and developed even without her existence.

However, the Geo Archon was persistent. He did not wish to leave his nation, although he had long allowed his people to thrive independently. Liyue was his home, and so he hid, entering a sleep-like state until his nation needed him once more.

"Morax...It's time! C'mon, wake up... and I even thought your age hasn't caught up to you yet, old man!~" A voice similar to Barbatos whispered in his mind. The same annoying tone almost made Zhongli feel sad and nostalgic. Almost. He had the familiar urge to throw another mountain again at the Anemo Archon.